|• Total||7.6 sq mi (19.7 km2)|
|• Land||7.6 sq mi (19.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|Elevation||90 ft (30 m)|
|• Density||368/sq mi (142.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2583626|
Gambrills refers to two neighboring places in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States, located in the Washington, District of Columbia and Baltimore metro area: the unincorporated community of Gambrills, and the Gambrills census-designated place (CDP). The area was named after Augustine Gambrill, plantation owner. The CDP covers an expansive range that falls within the communities of Crofton, Waugh Chapel, and Odenton. It also borders Davidsonville, Crownsville, Millersville, and Prince Georges County, Maryland. In 2018, the population of the CDP was 2,770. The median-income of residents was $137,500 Gambrills is served by routes 3, 32 and MARC, the Maryland commuter rail service. There is a MARC station in the neighboring town of Odenton, with regular rail service to Baltimore and Washington.
The original village of Gambrills is located along Maryland Route 175 (Annapolis Road), 2 miles (3 km) southeast of the center of Odenton and extends south and southeast around Crofton.
Gambrills is the site of two large power centers adjacent to one another: Waugh Chapel Towne Centre (650,000 sq. ft.) part of a 1.2 million square foot mixed-use development, and the Village at Waugh Chapel (357,000 square feet).
The area is served by the following schools:
- Crofton Woods Elementary School (Crofton, Maryland)
- Crofton Meadows Elementary School (Crofton, Maryland)
- Millersville Elementary School (Millersville, Maryland)
- Nantucket Elementary School ((Crofton, Maryland))
- Four Seasons Elementary School (Gambrills, Maryland)
- Odenton Elementary School (Odenton, Maryland)
- Waugh Chapel Elementary School (Odenton, Maryland)
- School of the Incarnation (Gambrills, Maryland)
- Crofton Middle School (Gambrills, Maryland)
- Arundel Middle School (Odenton, Maryland)
- Old Mill Middle School South (Millersville)
- Arundel High School (Gambrills, Maryland)
- Crofton High School (Gambrills, Maryland)
- South River High School (Edgewater, Maryland) (will no longer serve Gambrills when Crofton High has all 4 grades)
- Old Mill High School (Millersville)
- "Census profile: Census Tract 7410, Anne Arundel, MD". Census Reporter.
- "Waugh Chapel town centre". www.bizjournals.com. 2013. Retrieved 2020-08-24.
- Guhne, Joni. "Village at Waugh Chapel has a 'Main Street feel'". baltimoresun.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gambrills, Maryland.|