|Founded||Austin, Texas (2007)|
GameSalad, Inc., formerly Gendai Games (// gen-DY), is an American computer software company that designs and develops authoring tools and web services for game creation. Their flagship product is GameSalad Creator, a game creation system for creative professionals that enables non-programmers to create 2D casual games for Apple's mobile iOS platforms, such as the iPhone and iPad, HTML 5 games, and games for Android devices. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, United States with an additional office in Los Angeles, California.
Previously called Gendai Games, Inc., in March 2009 the company launched an open beta of its first product, GameSalad. GameSalad is a visual, drag-and-drop-based tool for game creation, aimed at people without programming knowledge for building iPhone, iPod, and iPad games. GameSalad is geared to provide support for Apple's iOS platform and devices to take advantage of the latest technology in mobile computing. Users can exchange templates of games online, share their games to GameSalad.com so others can play them in a web browser, and share their games over social networks.
In July 2009, Gendai Games joined the Austin Technology Incubator.
In November 2010, Gendai Games announced it had officially changed its company name to GameSalad, Inc.
- Menell, Bryan (2009-09-02). "GameSalad Gears Up for iPhone Publishing System". AustinStartup. Archived from the original on 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Holt, Chris (2009-09-25). "GameSalad engine launches membership plan, iPhone games". Macworld. Archived from the original on 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "Interview with Michael Augustin, Gendai Games". Texas Tech Pulse. 2009-05-29. Archived from the original on 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Cook, Brad (2009-12-21). "Gendai Games Announces Macworld 2010 GameSalad Challenge". The Mac Observer. Archived from the original on 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Calnan, Christopher (2009-07-24). "Idea and iPhone turn employee into entrepreneur". Austin Business Journal.