Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
|Tour by Ramin Djawadi|
Promotional poster for the tour
|Associated albums||Game of Thrones Season 1-7|
|Start date||February 10, 2017|
|End date||October 14, 2018|
|No. of shows|
Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience is the concert tour by the HBO epic fantasy series Game of Thrones featuring composer Ramin Djawadi. The all-arena tour was announced on August 8, 2016 at an intimate concert in Los Angeles, California. The tour consists of 24 dates in cities across the United States and Canada. The tour's title, "Music is Coming" is in reference to House Stark motto, "Winter is Coming." The concert started on February 20, 2017 in Saint Paul, Minnesota and ended April 2 in Portland, Oregon.
On August 8, 2016, composer Ramin Djawadi announced the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience Tour at an event at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles with Isaac Hempstead Wright, who plays Bran Stark in the series. The tour started in Saint Paul, Minnesota and concluded in Portland, Oregon. The tour consisted of 24 cities across the United States, with additional stops in Toronto, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec in Canada.
The tour featured the show's composer, Ramin Djawadi, conducting an 80-piece orchestra and choir, which performed highlights from the series' musical score, on a 360-degree stage. In addition, LED telescoping and wall screens, and special 3D designs, rose from the stage floor. Instruments were specially created for the tour, such as a 14-foot Wildling horn played during the Wildling attack on the Wall section.
We really want to summarize the show the best we can, There's a lot of different locations and events to cover. If you come and watch this concert, you really get a nice summary and a nice look back on the past seasons. The one I'm really excited about is 'Light of the Seven,' which was such a great surprise to the viewers, because it's the first time we're using piano, Besides the orchestra and the choir, we will have the piano and that piece to play. That'll be really great live. - Ramin Djawadi
In an interview, Djawadi talked about the tour, saying, "I'm going through the music to adapt it more for a live performance, and I might have a vocalist on a piece that didn't have one before, or lengthen another piece, I'm not bound to the picture anymore, so I can let the music tell its own story, and be creative about it."
The concert contained multiple stages and the main stage (King's Landing stage), and featured Djawadi as conductor with the orchestra and choir. On the other side of the stage (Winterfell stage) were another choir and more soloists. In between those stages were four smaller stages, with each being named after different locations from the world of Game of Thrones. There was also a runway between the two main stages, that was also a location.
|Leg 1 – North America|
|February 20, 2017||Saint Paul||United States||Xcel Energy Center||—||—|
|February 22, 2017||Chicago||United Center||7,470 / 11,427||$528,197|
|February 23, 2017||Columbus||Nationwide Arena||—||—|
|February 25, 2017||Uncasville||Mohegan Sun Arena||7,430 / 7,463||$484,925|
|February 26, 2017||Philadelphia||Wells Fargo Center||9,967 / 18,126||$596,907|
|March 1, 2017||Washington, D.C.||Verizon Center||—||—|
|March 3, 2017||Montreal||Canada||Bell Centre||8,374 / 10,166||$548,767|
|March 4, 2017||Toronto||Air Canada Centre||—||—|
|March 6, 2017||Boston||United States||TD Garden||8,851 / 15,308||$591,156|
|March 7, 2017||New York City||Madison Square Garden||14,633 / 17,046||$1,237,251|
|March 9, 2017||Charlotte||Spectrum Center||4,290 / 6,953||$268,614|
|March 11, 2017||Sunrise||BB&T Center||6,582 / 10,911||$420,052|
|March 12, 2017||Tampa||Amalie Arena||5,856 / 9,559||$370,569|
|March 14, 2017||Atlanta||Philips Arena||—||—|
|March 16, 2017||San Antonio||AT&T Center||4,350 / 7,647||$293,448|
|March 17, 2017||Houston||Toyota Center||7,084 / 9,573||$488,091|
|March 19, 2017||Denver||Pepsi Center||6,158 / 10,608||$401,350|
|March 23, 2017||Inglewood||The Forum||13,529 / 15,782||$1,058,872|
|March 25, 2017||Las Vegas||MGM Grand Garden Arena||4,783 / 7,321||$328,286|
|March 26, 2017||Phoenix||Talking Stick Resort Arena||5,670 / 14,782||$341,607|
|March 29, 2017||San Jose||SAP Center||11,249 / 16,492||$910,206|
|March 31, 2017||Seattle||KeyArena||9,014 / 14,092||$579,469|
|April 1, 2017||Vancouver||Canada||Rogers Arena||—||—|
|April 2, 2017||Portland||United States||Moda Center||—||—|
|Leg 2 – Europe|
|May 8, 2018||Madrid||Spain||WiZink Center||—||—|
|May 10, 2018||Barcelona||Palau Sant Jordi||—||—|
|May 12, 2018||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena||—||—|
|May 14, 2018||Berlin||Germany||Mercedes-Benz Arena||—||—|
|May 15, 2018||Łódź||Poland||Atlas Arena||—||—|
|May 16, 2018||Prague||Czech Republic||O2 Arena||—||—|
|May 18, 2018||Budapest||Hungary||Budapest Sports Arena||—||—|
|May 19, 2018||Vienna||Austria||Wiener Stadthalle||—||—|
|May 21, 2018||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome||—||—|
|May 22, 2018||Antwerp||Belgium||Sportpaleis||—||—|
|May 24, 2018||Dublin||Ireland||3Arena||—||—|
|May 25, 2018||Belfast||Northern Ireland||The SSE Arena||—||—|
|May 27, 2018||London||England||Wembley Arena||—||—|
|May 29, 2018||Hamburg||Germany||Barclaycard Arena||—||—|
|May 31, 2018||Stockholm||Sweden||Ericsson Globe||—||—|
|June 1, 2018||Copenhagen||Denmark||Royal Arena||—||—|
|June 4, 2018||Munich||Germany||Olympiahalle||—||—|
|June 5, 2018||Zürich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion||6,557 / 9,500||$615,854|
|June 7, 2018||Frankfurt||Germany||Festhalle Frankfurt||—||—|
|June 8, 2018||Cologne||Lanxess Arena||—||—|
|June 11, 2018||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|June 12, 2018||Manchester||England||Manchester Arena|
|June 14, 2018||London||Wembley Arena|
|Leg 3 – North America|
|September 6, 2018||Seattle||United States||KeyArena||—||—|
|September 8, 2018||San Jose||SAP Center||—||—|
|September 9, 2018||Inglewood||The Forum||—||—|
|September 11, 2018||San Diego||Viejas Arena||—||—|
|September 12, 2018||Glendale||Gila River Arena||—||—|
|September 14, 2018||Denver||Pepsi Center||—||—|
|September 16, 2018||Dallas||American Airlines Center||—||—|
|September 17, 2018||Houston||Toyota Center||—||—|
|September 18, 2018||Austin||Frank Erwin Center||—||—|
|September 21, 2018||Tampa||Amalie Arena||—||—|
|September 22, 2018||Sunrise||BB&T Center||—||—|
|September 25, 2018||Washington, D.C.||Capital One Arena||—||—|
|September 26, 2018||Newark||Prudential Center||—||—|
|September 28, 2018||Uncasville||Mohegan Sun Arena||—||—|
|September 29, 2018||Worcester||DCU Center||—||—|
|October 2, 2018||Philadelphia||Wells Fargo Center||—||—|
|October 3, 2018||New York City||Madison Square Garden||—||—|
|October 5, 2018||St. Louis||Enterprise Center||—||—|
|October 6, 2018||Rosemont||Allstate Arena||—||—|
|October 9, 2018||Detroit||Little Caesars Arena||—||—|
|October 10, 2018||Columbus||Scottenstein Center||—||—|
|October 12, 2018||Montreal||Canada||Bell Centre||—||—|
|October 14, 2018||Toronto||Scotiabank Arena||—||—|
|February 15, 2017||Kansas City||United States||Sprint Center||Unknown reason|
|February 20, 2017||Auburn Hills||Palace of Auburn Hills|
|February 23, 2017||Buffalo||KeyBank Center|
|March 21, 2017||West Valley City||Maverik Center|
|September 5, 2018||Vancouver||Canada||Rogers Arena|
|September 30, 2018||University Park||United States||Bryce Jordan Center|
- "Game of Thrones concert experience hits the road in 2017". The Guardian. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Here's What to Expect From the Upcoming Game of Thrones Concert Tour". Time. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Sights and sounds of the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience". February 21, 2017. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Tenreyro, Tatiana (September 18, 2017). "'Game of Thrones' Live Concert Experience Announces 2018 World Tour". Billboard.
- "Game of Thrones epic U.S. concert tour announced". EW. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "'Game of Thrones' Live Concert Experience Coming to 28 Cities". Billboard. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- Bell, Crystal (February 17, 2017). "Inside the Epic Game of Thrones Tour That's Bringing Westeros to Life". MTV.
- Pfleegor, Dan (February 23, 2017). "Behind the Scenes of The Game of Thrones Live Experience". Consequence of Sound.
- "Game of Thrones composer shares secrets of upcoming symphony tour". EW. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "What to Expect From the Immersive, High-Tech Game of Thrones Concert Tour". Vulture. October 11, 2016. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. May 8, 2017. Archived from the original on May 4, 2017. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. March 10, 2017. Archived from the original on March 8, 2017. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. March 10, 2017. Archived from the original on March 14, 2017. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- "Current Boxscore | Billboard". Billboard. Archived from the original on June 27, 2018. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- Kornhaber, Spencer. "The 'Game of Thrones' Live Concert Lets Fans Bask in the Highlights". Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "The 'Game of Thrones' Live Concert Experience Was Everything I'd Hoped It Would Be". March 8, 2017. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- LeDonne, Rob (March 8, 2017). "Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience review – Westeros brought to dazzling life". Retrieved March 15, 2017 – via The Guardian.