|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Gameloft logo in use since 2010
|Gameloft SA (2000–2003)|
|Traded as||OTCQX: GLOFF|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||22 February 2000|
|Stéphane Roussel (CEO, chairman)|
|Revenue||€256.2 million (2015)|
|€21.1 million (2011)|
|Profit||€18.2 million (2011)|
|Total assets||€138.5 million (2011)|
|Total equity||€103 million (2011)|
Gameloft SE (OTCQX: GLOFF) is a French video game developer and publisher headquartered in Paris, with 20 game studios subsidiaries located around the world. They have created a number of games for mobile phone handsets, tablets, games consoles and other platforms. It is a subsidiary of French media conglomerate Vivendi.
Founded in 2000 by Michel Guillemot and Josh Closson one of the co-founders and owners of video game publisher and developer Ubisoft, Gameloft has expanded to employ a staff of 5,000. Gameloft began to be profitable in 2003. Gameloft's consolidated revenues were €10.2m (2003), €23.2m (2004) and €46.8m (2005). Gameloft has posted consolidated revenues of €68m in 2006, €96m in 2007, €110m in 2008 and €122m in 2009. In 2010, Gameloft consolidated sales reached €141m and went up to €164m in 2011. In 2012 the revenues continued to grow and crossed €200m, reaching €208.3m in 2012 and €233.3m in 2013. According to the preliminary data, the revenue for the end of year of 2014 were €227m. Through agreements with major telephone carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft states it has a distribution network in over 100 countries.
In February 2016, Vivendi acquired a 30% stake in Gameloft; per French law, the company was required to make a public tender offer to acquire additional public shares; by June 2016, Vivendi now held a 61.7% majority stake in Gameloft. At a price of €8 per-share, the company was valued at €700 million. Although the Guillemots had attempted to block the hostile takeover in court, Michel announced his resignation effective 29 June 2016, and the founders resentfully sold their 21.7% stake in Gameloft to Vivendi, giving the company nearly complete ownership. The Guillemots showed concern that Vivendi was using the same methods to take over sister company Ubisoft, as they had similarly begun the process of purchasing enough of the company to trigger a mandatory tender offer; they stated that "Vivendi’s hostile approach goes against the best interest of Gameloft, both for its activity and for its team." As of 1 July 2016 Vivendi owns 96.9% of the company with the management replaced to reflect Vivendi's ownership
- GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2015
- Apps of the Year: Best Mobile Game App ("Asphalt 8: Airborne")
- MMO of the Year 2013
- Best Android MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best iPhone & iPad MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best Classic Mobile MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Pocket Gamer Developer of the Year 2011
- JeuxVideo.com Best MMORPG on iPhone & iPad 2011 ("Order & Chaos Online")
- JeuxVideo.com Best Action Game ("The Adventures of Tintin")
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2008
- Mobile Game of the Year (The Oregon Trail)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2007
- Mobile Game of the Year (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Action Game (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Visual Design (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Action Game (Heroes: The Official Mobile Game)
- IGN Game Awards 2007:
- IGN Game Awards 2008:
- "2011 Annual Results". Gameloft. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Riaz, Saleha (21 June 2016). "Vivendi's Gameloft stake up to 96%". Mobile World Live. GSM Association. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Gameloft Reference Documents 2005 - 2009".
- "Gameloft's full year sales reach €227.3m".
- "Top Mobile Games for iOS, Android, Java & more - Gameloft". Gameloft.
- "Vivendi to Buy Remaining Control of Gameloft as Guillemots Agree to Sell". GameSpot. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Vivendi in process of mandatory takeover bid for Gameloft". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Vivendi Wins Majority Backing for Gameloft Takeover as Content Strategy Becomes Clearer". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2015 | Winners
- MMO of the Year 2013 | Winners
- The Pocket Gamer Awards 2011: The Winners | feature | Pocket Gamer Awards | PocketGamer.biz
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - MMORPG - page 90 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - Action/Aventure - page 84 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Video Game Awards 2008. Spike TV.
- Video Game Awards 2007. Spike TV.
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Wireless: Best Platform Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Graphics Technology 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Action Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Racing/Driving Game 2008