|Venue||Centro de Convenções de Florianópolis (CentroSul)|
|Location(s)||Florianópolis, Santa Catarina|
|Organized by||Diego Oliveira|
Gamercom is a yearly Brazilian video game convention organized by business executives Diego Oliveira and Wallace Thomaz, that is currently held in Florianópolis and is the main gaming convention in Southern Brazil.
The Gamercom debuted on June 13, 2015, in Florianópolis, and what was expected to be an event for 4000 people, surprised and reached the mark of 6000 visitors and 25 companies. In its first edition, the Gamercom received the main first parties and publishers of the video game industry as Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., Riot. and Blizzard. The event exceeded expectations, reaching 6,000 participants mark and becoming the leading video game convention in southern Brazil.
The first edition of Gamercom met four areas: E-Sport, Indie Games, Exhibitors and Entertainment.
The Gamercom was the first convention of southern Brazil to bring major brands of video game industry and also dedicating an area to entertainment, bringing the famous Brazilian guitarist Kiko Loureiro of Megadeth to do a show playing the most famous video game music - the event received the Live Action of the game Mortal Kombat. In addition, the convention brought the Swiss award-winning studio, Apelab, which launched the first series of interactive animation for virtual reality devices, the game Sequenced.
The participation of major brands of the gaming industry turned Gamercom as one of the three major gaming trade shows in Latin America as well as the major gaming event in southern Brazil.
|2015||13–14 June||PlayStation, Xbox, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., Riot, Blizzard and Apelab||CentroSul||Florianópolis||6,000|
|2016||11–12 June||PlayStation, Xbox, Warner, Ubisoft, Bandai Namco and Riot||CentroSul||Florianópolis||8,283|
Gamercom happens away from the states of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, which concentrate the main traditional and specialized media. Anyway the Gamercom had the youtubers coverage, streamers, media enthusiasts and media professionals. G1 - Globo News Portal, RIC TV, SBT, Band and specialized sites like Adrenaline covered closely all editions of Gamercom. Various gaming websites reported the Gamercom too.
|Year||Dates||Professional Press||Enthusiast Press||YouTubers||Streamers|
- "Evento de games traz produtoras internacionais para Florianópolis". G1 Globo. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Fugindo da região sudeste, Gamercom reúne fãs de games em Florianópolis". Adrenaline UOL. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Kiko Loureiro: músico vai participar de evento de games em Florianópolis". Whiplash. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Evento de games em SC tem óculos que simulam montanha-russa". G1 Globo. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Florianópolis recebe principal feira de games do Sul do Brasil". Cobertura G1. 2016-06-06. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- "Edição II da Gamercom em Florianópolis reúne comunidade gamer fora do eixo RJ-SP". Cobertura Adrenaline. 2016-06-14. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Segunda edição da Gamercom acontece em Florianópolis; confira as atrações da maior feira de games do Sul do Brasil". Cobertura Adrenaline. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2016-05-09.