Games People Play (The Alan Parsons Project song)
|"Games People Play"|
|Single by The Alan Parsons Project|
|from the album The Turn of a Friendly Card|
|B-side||"The Ace of Swords"|
|Songwriter(s)||Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson|
|Producer(s)||Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson|
|The Alan Parsons Project singles chronology|
"Games People Play"
"Games People Play" is a 1980 song by the Alan Parsons Project. It peaked at No. 16 on 14 March 1981 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart as well as No. 18 on Cash Box. It appears on the album The Turn of a Friendly Card and was sung by Lenny Zakatek.
The single version of the song features two edits, one during the instrumental section preceding the guitar solo, and another shortening the guitar solo. It is also sped up slightly. The "single edit" included on the deluxe anniversary edition of The Turn of a Friendly Card from 2015 is edited differently and presented at the original pitch, so it is not the actual single version.
- Stuart Elliott – drums, percussion
- David Paton – bass guitar
- Ian Bairnson – electric guitar, guitar solo
- Eric Woolfson – piano, synthesizer
- Lenny Zakatek – lead and backing vocals
- Alan Parsons – Projectron
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||95|
|Canada (RPM Magazine)||9|
|United States (Billboard Hot 100)||16|
|Year-end chart (1981)||Rank|
|US Top Pop Singles (Billboard)||66|
|Canada (RPM Magazine)||90|
|United States||December 1980|
|United Kingdom||March 1981|
- "Music: Top 100 Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Cash Box 3/14/81". Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 229. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "RPM Top 50 Singles - February 28, 1981" (PDF).
- "Number One Awards – Billboard's 1981 Year-End Charts : Pop Singles". Billboard. Vol. 93, no. 51. 26 December 1981. p. YE-9.
- "RPM Top 100 Singles of 1981 - December 26, 1981" (PDF).