|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Remco Westermann |
Gamigo AG, based in Hamburg, Germany, is an online games publisher. It focuses on massively multiplayer online role-playing games, licensing games from developers for a North American and European audience.
Recently gamigo has also begun releasing self-produced MMORPGs in addition to continuing to license, sometimes fully, MMOs from third-party developers.
In an effort to expand its market to North America, in 2010 gamigo founded gamigo Inc., which is based in New York City.
In 2012 Axel Springer sold Gamigo to Samarion S.E.
gamigo offers games in multiple languages and formats on their web portal. Due to licensing restrictions, some games may only be available in selected languages. Certain regions may also be subject to IP blocks for specified games.
3 March 2012 Hack
On 3 March 2012, a hacking took place(by manbud68) that stole usernames and encrypted passwords. In response, account services have been temporary shut down. After that, all users since this attack are advised by the staff to reset their passwords.
- gamgo AG homepage, visited 23rd February, 2016.
- gamigo AG homepage, visited 23rd February, 2016.
- gamigo AG releases first German MMO
- gamigo AG History
- Axel Springer acquires gamigo
- gamigo Makes A Strategic Investment In Black Prophecy
- Gamigo Opening U.S. Office In NYC
- Concentration on core business: Axel Springer sells Gamigo to Samarion S.E.