This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NSE: GAMMONIND, BSE: 509550|
|Industry||Construction, Civil Engineering|
|Founder||John C. Gammon|
|Abhijit Rajan, Chairman and Managing Director
Peter Gammon, Chairman Emeritus
|Revenue||₹ 5533.12 crore (2011-12)|
|₹ 151.58 crore (2011-12)|
|₹ 87.04 crore (2011-12)|
Gammon India has executed some notable civil engineering projects:
- The first precast reinforced concrete piling job in India - Construction of the foundations of the Gateway of India, Mumbai in 1919
- India's first cable-stayed bridge at Akkar, Sikkim
- The longest railway tunnel in Asia for Konkan Railway at Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
- Mahatma Gandhi Setu spanning the river Ganges, between Patna and Hajipur in Bihar
- Terminal building for Sharjah International Airport, UAE
- Elevated viaducts for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- India's first second-generation nuclear reactor Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor at Kalpakkam
- Gammon have built the largest number of bridges in the Commonwealth region.
Gammon India was the recipient of a performance bonus based on its delivery of the extradosed flyover ahead of the 2010 Commonwealth Games at Delhi for the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Gammon India was also awarded the 'Signature Bridge Project' award for executing a modern designed bridge and approach way for the Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC). This project, valued at close to Rs.10,000 million, is designed to ease traffic flow in Wazirabad, a high traffic density zone in North Delhi.
- In 2007, a portion of a flyover being built by Gammon India in Panjagutta area in Hyderabad collapsed, killing 20 people.
- In 2009, a bridge being built by Gammon India for Metro rail in Delhi collapsed, killing 6 people and injuring 13.
- "Gammon India" (PDF).
- Gammon India Limited- Audited financial results for they year ended 31 March 2012
- Gammon India Limited-About us
- "Gammon India Ltd. - Builders to the nation". Gammonindia.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Gandhi Setu: An engineering marvel". The Times of India. 2012-06-11. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Under pressure Gammon India executed big project". The New Indian Express. 2009-07-29. Retrieved 2009-08-18.[permanent dead link]
- "6 killed, 13 injured in Metro bridge collapse in Delhi - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 2009-07-12.