|• Type||Gram panchayat|
|• Total||9.52 km2 (3.68 sq mi)|
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 16|
Gampalagudem is a village in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Gampalagudem mandal administered under Nuzvid revenue division. The village is located on the banks of Kattaleru River, at a distance of 145 km (90 mi) from the district headquarters, Machilipatnam and 74 kilometres (46 mi) from Vijayawada.
Government and politics
Gampalagudem falls under the administration of Gampalagudem Gram panchayat. It is in turn a part of Gampalagudem mandal, a constituency mandal of Tiruvuru Assembly constituency. The constituency is also a part of Andhra Pradesh's Vijayawada Lok Sabha constituency.
As of the 2011[update] Census of India, Gampalagudem had a total population of 8,256 of which 4,175 were male and 4,081 female—a sex ratio of 978 females per 1000 males. There were 776 children in the 0–6 year age group of which 417 were boys and 359 girls. The average literacy rate stands at 70.99% with 5,310 literates, higher than the district average of 73.70%.
It has road connectivity with other towns and villages with Madhira – Tiruvuru and Gampalagudem - Cheemalapadu road passes through the village. Gampalagudem has no rail transport. Madhira is the nearest railway station to the village. It is administered under Secunderabad railway division of the South Central Railway zone.
Gampalagudem has several educational institutions including Degree College, Junior Inter College, ZP High school and various private schools.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,232. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Elevation for Gampalagudem". Veloroutes. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 479, 524. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 20. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. pp. 42–43. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (30 April 2013). "Bumper harvest of mangoes likely". The Hindu. Nuzvid (Krishna District). Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Gampalagudem railway station info". India Rail Info. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "List of High Schools" (PDF). Sakshieducation. Retrieved 15 July 2015.