First Look Poster
|Directed by||Ramesh Pisharody|
|Produced by||ICHAIS PRODUCTIONS |
|Written by||Ramesh Pisharody|
Hari P. Nair
|Music by||Deepak Dev|
|Edited by||Lijo Paul|
|27 September 2019|
Ganagandharvan (transl. Celestial singer) is a 2019 Indian Malayalam comedy film directed by Ramesh Pisharody and written by Pisharody and Hari P. Nair. Mammootty is playing a ‘ganamela’ singer named Kalasadhan Ullas. Debutante Vanditha Manoharan play the female lead.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2019)
Kalasadhan Ullas is a stage singer. Ganagandharvan is a nick name by which people call Ullas. The story revolves around this gentleman and his ups and downs in life. This is Ramesh Pisharody's second directorial debut with much anticipation from the audience.
- Mammootty as Kalasadhan Ullas
- Mukesh as Aby
- Manoj K Jayan as Kalasadhan Titto
- Devan as Sivadasan
- Siddique as Manoj
- Innocent as Appukutta Panicker
- Suresh Krishna as Shyamaprasad
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Kuttan
- Salim Kumar as Rajaji
- Sadiq as Siddique
- Mohan Jose as Jacob
- Rafi as Samson
- Arya as Sanitha
- Vanditha Manoharan as Mini Ullas
- Sneha Babu as Kalasadhan Dhanya
- Athulya Chandra as Sandra Samson
- Sudheer Karamana as Prabhakaran
- Shiney Sarah as Elizebath
- Chali Pala as Bahuleyan
- Hareesh Perumanna as P C Joji
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Santhosh
- Sunil Sukhada as Saju
- Shanthipriya as Ullas's advocate
- Kishore Varma as Sonu Madhav
- Prajodh Kalabhavan as Sunesh
- Rajesh Sharma as Rajan chettan
- Kunchan as Balan
- Johny Antony as Prince
- Ashokan as S.I Rajan Zakkariya
- Dan Austin as Alex
- Baiju Ezhupunna as Moorthi
- Kochu Preman as Brockar
- Sindhu Varma as Lakshmi
- Sithara (singer) as Judge in court
- Anoop Menon as Yousuf (Cameo Appearance)
- Abu Salim as Satheesh
Ramesh Pisharody announced his second directorial venture was on 1 November 2018 by unveiling the title poster featuring Mammootty. It was screened in theatres with Mohanlal-starrer Drama (2018). According to Pisharody, "The film is about the life of a senior singer. The character is influenced by some singers I know. It's not a fully serious story. You can expect some humour as well." Newcomer Vanditha was roped in to play one of the female lead.
|Soundtrack album by|
The Times of India rated the film 3.5 out of 5 and wrote, "The strength of Ganagandharvan though is the acting and script. While Pisharody has resorted to straightforward, old school storytelling, he has done it with panache, proving that a good script does not need any gimmick to entertain the audience." Manorama Online gave 3 out of 5 and wrote, "Director Ramesh Pisharody has successfully presented a small yet relevant subject without making the audience feel tedious or irksome. This movie is sure to cater to the interests of all kinds of audience. Sify rated the film 3.5 out of 5, described the film "hit" and wrote "there is a fine idea here that is worth a story, but the way the script has been written and packaged makes this one a rather dull affair".
The News Minute critic rated 3.5 out of 5 stars and said "Ganagandharvan tries too hard with badly written comedy. Except the occasional wisecrack or a reference to an old movie (the scene with Karaman Sudheer), the film is largely not amusing". Anna M. M. Vetticad of Firstpost rated 3.5 out of 5 and wrote "Pisharody's failure lies not only in his status-quoist, antagonistic ideology, but in his inability to tell a story well" and heavily criticized the anti-feministic writing. Manoj Kumar R of The Indian Express rated zero out of five stars and said the film "has a skeleton of a story to tell", "it is unclear why Mammootty would do such an in-your-face, one tone and biased film that neither understands men’s right activism or the plight of men that fall into the trap of some evil women". SR Praveen of The Hindu wrote "The whole appearance, aesthetics and structure of the movie harks back to a time gone by in Malayalam cinema. In that sense, the movie is almost like the titular character Ganagandharvan, who has become irrelevant, but doesn’t know ". .
- "Have you seen Mammootty's new look for Ganagandharvan?". OnManorama. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "'കലാസദന് ഉല്ലാസാ'യി മമ്മൂക്കയുടെ പകര്ന്നാട്ടം; കിടുലുക്ക് വൈറൽ". Malayalam (in Malayalam). 21 July 2019. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Mammootty unites lovers estranged years back". www.keralakaumudi.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Ganagandharvan begins". Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "New face for ganagandarvan". Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Mammootty's Ganagandharvan goes on floors". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Mammootty to play the lead role in Ramesh Pisharody's next 'Ganagandharvan' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Asianet-Breaking News |Kerala Local News |Kerala Latest News | Kerala Breaking News|News". www.asianet.in. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. (1 November 2018). "Mammootty's new movie Gaana Gandharvan teaser leaked: Video goes viral on social media". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Mammootty to star in Ramesh Pisharody's Ganagandharvan". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Mohanlal makes a surprise entry at Mammootty's 'Ganagandharvan' launch". OnManorama. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Mammootty's Ganagandharvan goes on floors - The New Indian Express". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Mammootty to don three getups in his next". english.manoramaonline.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- www.thenewsminute.com https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/mammootty-completes-shooting-ganagandharvan-105964?amp. Retrieved 5 September 2019. Missing or empty
- "Mammootty completes Ganagandharvan ; first look out - The New Indian Express". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Ganagandharvan: Mammootty wraps up the film's shooting, director shares first look". in.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "നിങ്ങളിത് കാണുക…, ബുള്സൈ പൊട്ടാതെ കഴിക്കുന്ന മമ്മൂട്ടി; ഗാനഗന്ധര്വ്വന് ടീസര്". Indian Express Malayalam (in Malayalam). 4 September 2019. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- Ganagandharvan Movie Review: The Mammootty film is a bonafide entertainer, retrieved 7 October 2019
- "Ganagandharvan review: Mammootty impresses with humor and surprising plot twists". OnManorama. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Review : Ganagandharvan review: A dull affair (2019)". www.sify.com. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Ganagandharvan' review: Mammootty film exists in a universe where life is unfair to men". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Ganagandharvan movie review: Why Mammootty why?". The Indian Express. 27 September 2019. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- Praveen, S. r (28 September 2019). "'Ganagandharvan' review: This Mammootty-starrer has few positives". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 7 October 2019.