||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji
ಗಣಪತಿ ಸಚ್ಚಿದಾನಂದ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ
శ్రీ గణపతి సచ్చిదానంద స్వామిజి
Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji, the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya.
Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji is the head of Avadhoota Datta Peetham in Mysore. Swamiji was born at Mekedaatu, Kanakapura district of Karnataka, India on 26 May 1942. Swamiji works for popularisation of "Raagaragini Vidya", an ancient musical tradition that is claimed to augment spiritual Sadhana and cure ailments. Swamiji established 78 Ashrama Branches all over the world. The Sri Krishnadevaraya University has conferred a Ph.D for Swamiji's work on Ragaragini healing i.e.," RAAGARAGINI NADA CHIKITSA YOGAMU". He conducts tours of the world to spread spirituality and holds concerts believed to provide healing benefits. He combines his music therapy with ayurveda, psychology, gem therapy, and astrology. He has opened an old age home in Hyderabad. The project was titled 'Ammavodi'.
Sri Swamiji has organized and been maintaining Gnana, Naada, Bhakthi, Yoga sabhas, in many places all over the world. In 2014, he opened an aviary called Shuka Vana, which covers an area of one acre and hosts more than 2100 birds in 468 species, especially parrots. It houses also a hospital for sick and injured birds.
Guinness World Records
Sri Swamiji till date has eight Guinness World Records to His name:
- The most people chanting at a single venue - Involved 128,918 participants, who were led by Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh (India) on 31 January 2015, chanted the sacred Hindu verse Hanuman Chalisa 27 times each. The attempt took place in a 15-acre field, which was covered in a number of huge marquees. The Guinness World Records attempt involved 128,918 participants, however by the end of the day 220,000 people had attended the event for global peace.
- The largest music therapy session at a single location - Involved 1824 participants following Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji's instructions for over two hours at the Sydney Opera House, Australia on 6 April 2015.
- The longest chanting marathon was achieved by over 500 participants directed by Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji in Frisco, Texas, USA from 31 July to 1 August 2015. The Hanuman Chalisa was chanted 24 hours continuously at the shortly after Karya Siddhi Hanuman temple was inaugurated .
- The largest pranayama, breathing exercise lesson in a single location on 10 July 2016 in the India Community Center, Milpitas, California, USA. The pranayamas were done in a Kriya Yoga lesson, where nearly 500 people took part.
- The "World's largest online video album", which contains over 40,000 Hanuman Chalisa video recordings by individuals from all over the world. The award ceremony took place at 31 July 2016 at Carapichaima, Trinidad and Tobago.
- The largest display of bonsai trees consists of 2,649 trees and was achieved by His Holiness Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji (India) during the International Bonsai Convention and Exposition, which took place in Avadhoota Data Peetham, Mysuru, Karnataka, India, on 21 December 2016.
- The most bird species in an aviary are 468, which is called Shuka Vana and which is one of the most visted places in the ashrama of Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji. The aviary is spread about one acre and is inhabited by a lot of endangered and critical endangered species such as African lovebird, African grey parrot, Conures and Macaws.
- The World’s Largest Hindu Smruti, Bhagavad Gita book in 18 languages was achieved by Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji during his 75th birthday at 26 May 2017. The book measures seven feet by five feet and it weighs over 800 kilos.
- Ranjani Govind. "Music extends a healing touch". The Hindu.
- "Aid Datta Ashram projects". The Times of India. 10 April 2003.
- "Shuka Vana: Rehabilitation centre for birds". Star of Mysore. 18 January 2015. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Three-day convention on bonsai in Mysore from November 24". The Hindu. 18 November 2007. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Most people chanting". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "World Record gathering for Chanting of Hanuman Chalisa in Tenali, India - 31 Jan 2015". SGS Hanuman Chalisa. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Largest music therapy lesson". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 6 April 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Guru Purnima & Guinness world record at Hanuman Temple". dattapeetham.org. Avadhoota Datta Peetham. 1 August 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Guinness World Records Recognizes Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji for Creating World History at India Community Center, Milpitas, CA, USA". prweb. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Pujya Swamiji in Bay Area 9-11 July 2016 Hanuman Chalisa & Yoga world record". Avadootha Datta Peetham. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "HH Swamiji in Trinidad 2016 Kumbhabhisheka & Chanting". Avadootha Datta Peetham. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Largest display of bonsai trees". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Most bird species in an aviary". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 6 May 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Vajrotsava". Star of Mysore. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple (27 May 2017). "3 Guinness World Records🎖awarded on HH Swamiji's birthday". Facebook. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ganapathi Sachchidananda.|
- Avadhoota Datta Peetham (Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Ashram)
- SGS Birds Shukavana website
- Yoga Sangeeta: What is the theory behind Raga Ragini Vidya?
- NADA Music of Divinity: Music for Healing and Meditation
- Outlook article: God On A Phone Line
|This Indian religion-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|