||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji
ಗಣಪತಿ ಸಚ್ಚಿದಾನಂದ ಸ್ವಾಮಿశ్రీ గణపతి సచ్చిదానంద స్వామిజి
Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji, the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya.
Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji is the head of Avadhoota Datta Peetham in Mysore. Swamiji was born at Mekedaatu, Kanakapura district of Karnataka, India on May 26, 1942. Swamiji works for popularisation of "Raagaragini Vidya", an ancient musical tradition that is claimed to augment spiritual Sadhana and cure ailments. Swamiji established 78 Ashrama Branches all over the world. The Sri Krishnadevaraya University has conferred a Ph.D for Swamiji's work on Ragaragini healing i.e.," RAAGARAGINI NADA CHIKITSA YOGAMU". He conducts tours of the world to spread spirituality and holds concerts believed to provide healing benefits. He combines his music therapy with ayurveda, psychology, gem therapy and astrology. He has opened an old age home in Hyderabad. The project was titled 'Ammavodi'.
Sri Swamiji has organized and been maintaining Gnana, Naada, Bhakthi, Yoga sabhas, in many places all over the world. In 2014 he opened an aviary called Shuka Vana, which covers an area of one acre and hosts more than 1000 birds in 290 species, especially parrots. It houses also a hospital for sick and injured birds.
Sri Swamiji has established Bonsai Garden in Mysore called "Kishkindha Bonsai Garden" and hosted three day Bonsai convention in the ashram in Mysore.
Guinness World Records
Sri Swamiji till date has three Guinness World Records to His name:
- The most people chanting at a single venue - Involved 128,918 participants, who were led by His Holiness Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh (India) on 31st January 2015, chanted the sacred Hindu verse Hanuman Chalisa 27 times each. The attempt took place in a 15 acre field, which was covered in a number of huge marquees. The Guinness World Records attempt involved 128,918 participants, however by the end of the day 220,000 people had attended the event for global peace.
- The largest music therapy session at a single location - Involved 1824 participants following His Holiness Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji's instructions for over two hours at the Sydney Opera House, Australia on 6th April 2015.
- The longest chanting marathon was achieved by over 500 participants directed by His Holiness Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji in Frisco, Texas, USA from 31st July to 1st August 2015. The Hanuman Chalisa was chanted 24 hours continously at the shortly after His Holiness inaugurated Karya Siddhi Hanuman temple.
- Ranjani Govind. "Music extends a healing touch". The Hindu.
- "Aid Datta Ashram projects". The Times of India. April 10, 2003.
- "Shuka Vana: Rehabilitation centre for birds". Star of Mysore. January 18, 2015. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- "Three-day convention on bonsai in Mysore from November 24". The Hindu. November 18, 2007. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "Most people chanting". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "World Record gathering for Chanting of Hanuman Chalisa in Tenali, India - 31 Jan 2015". SGS Hanuman Chalisa. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Largest music therapy lesson". Guinness World Records. Guinness Book of World Records. 6 April 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Guru Purnima & Guinness world record at Hanuman Temple". dattapeetham.org. Avadhoota Datta Peetham. 1 August 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ganapathi Sachchidananda.|
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|