|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 38|
Ganapathy is situated just 2 km away from the heart of the City Gandhipuram. The nerve centre of this place is Sathy Road. Ganapathy shares border with Chinnavedampatti, Gandhipuram, Poosaripalayam, Rathinapuri, Maniyakarampalayam, Vilankurichi and Avarampalayam.
Though Ganapathy have many road linking to various part of the City and also to its outskirts, all the roads are considered to be most congested roads of Coimbatore except the road from Maniyakarampalayam Jn towards Saravanampatti. Sathy Road from Railway flyover to this Junction is the most congested road in Tamil Nadu.
To decongest the Sathy Road especially in Ganapathy area, the State Highways Department has decided to develop Peelamedu–Kalapatti-Saravanampatty and Kurumbapalayam Road into a Ring road. According to the Highways sources, the 12-km stretch from SITRA Junction in Peelamedu would run through Kalapatti and join Sathyamangalam Road at Saravanampatti and then it would join Mettuppalayam Road at Thudiyalur. On completion of this stretch the Sathy Road in Ganapathy area will have option of diverting through either sides i.e. to Avinashi Road or to Mettupalayam Road without going to Gandhipuram.
Though Ganapathy is situated just 2 km away from Gandhipuram where all major Bus Terminals are built; due to the crowd and population, a Town Bus Stand is operational at Ganapthy since long. However, heavy vehicle traffic impossible on the roads in Ganapathy due to its congestion. In the present scenario, a six lane road is most evident and unavoidable for Ganapathy. Ganapathy easy access to :
- Gandhipuram : Via Sathy Road
- Airport : Via FCI Road
- Goundampalayam : Via Maniyakarampalayam Road
- Railway Station : Via MG Road Avarampalayam
Coimbatore Corporation had two major Parks viz. VOC Park and Gandhipark since long and have built more than 60 such parks before and after Tamil Chemmozhi Maanadu. But Ganapathy area remain ignored for such parks, may be due to non availability of land.
Ganapthy is rich with regard to Healthcare facilities. There are a large number of hospitals operating from Ganapathy. The famous pan Indian eye care group Sankara Eye Care Institutions - India (http://sankaraeye.com/) has its headquarters located at Ganapathy along with a state-of-the-art tertiary-care eye hospital. Also, famous hospitals like Siva Hospital, Kovai E.N.T. Clinic, VEEYES Dental Care are there in ganapathy and hospitals like Sriramakrishna Hospital, G Kuppuswamy Naidu Memorial Hospital and KG Eye Hospital are in a walkable distance from Ganapathy.
Indian Ayurvedic Hospital
This is an Ayurvedic Institute Ayurvedic Hospital located on Vilankurichi Road at Ganapathi. It has been set up with all modern facilities and situated in the herbal garden surrounded by luscious landscape.
Though Ganapathy area is already crowded and overpopulated, a large number of residential as well as commercial complexes are being built here. This may be due to demand from the people since all the facilities for residential area is already available there besides easy access to other parts of the city.
Surprisingly, AFNHB, a Central Government Organisation for the welfare of Defence Personnel, has also launched their project for constructing apartments for Air Force and Navy personnels, in Ganapathy. First of its kind in Coimbatore, the foundation for the Rs. 88-crore project to come up on 13-odd acres, was laid by Rear Admiral R. Gaikwad, Director General, AFNHB. The contract for execution of the project has been given to Shapoorji Pallonji and Company Limited. While launching the project, Rear Admiral Gaikwad said it would have 372 dwelling units besides a swimming pool, community centre, and jogging path.
Software and IT Sector
Though many software and IT industries are established in Saravanampatti. Large number of such industries in BPO sector are operating their offices from Ganapathy. This may be due to easy availability of trained manpower in this area.
Ganapathy is one of the prominent area with regard to Education Institutions within Coimbatore district. Many famous Schools and Colleges are located in this place.
Major Schools are :
- Corporation High School
- Apex Primary & Nursery School
- United Nursery & Primary School
- Grace Joseph Amala English Medium School
- CMS Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- T.K.S Matriculation School
- T.R.A Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- K'sirs International School
- Kovai Kalaimagal Matriculation Higher Secondary School 
Important Colleges are :
- Brainrich Technology
- J.A.S College
- DA College
- SNR Sons College
- Dr SNS Rajalakshmi College Of Arts And Science
- Sri Siva Nursing College
- CMS College of Arts & Science
- Govt. College of Technology 
- "Coimbatore City Guide : Ganapathy Area in the Corporation limit". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Google Map : Google Map showing Gananapathy area of Coimbatore". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Ganapathy Borders : Map showing surrounding areas of Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Temperature and Rainfall chart" (PDF). Coimbatore district collectorate. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Coimbatore Corporation - SHB002" (PDF). Coimbatore Corporation. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "Historical Weather for Coimbatore, India". Weatherbase. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "Coimbatore Road Traffic : Traffic Speed limited to 30 KMPH in Ganapathy area". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2010-08-14. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Roads and Traffic : Ring road to decongest Coimbatore". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2008-08-30. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Corporation Bus Stands : Areas nearby to Bus Stand in Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Corporation New Parks : Coimbatore Corporation to continue building Park in its own land". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2010-09-07. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Hospitals of Coimbatore City : Hospital in and around Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Ayurvedic Hospitals of Coimbatore City : Indian Ayurvedic Hospital And Research Limited Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Rea Estate Sector of Coimbatore : Booming of residential and commercial complexes in and around Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Air Force naval Housing Board : Rear Admiral R. Gaikwad launching 372 DU AFNHB Coimbatore Project at Ganapathy". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2010-05-28. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Air Force naval Housing Board Web Site : News on Project Coimbatore at Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Air Force naval Housing Board : Rear Admiral R. Gaikwad launched AFNHB Coimbatore Project at Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Software Companies : IT, Software and BPO Boom in Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06.
- "Coimbatore Schools : Some of the famous Schools in Ganapathy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-07.
- J.A.S. College of Education, Coimbatore - 79, Athipalayam Road, Chinnavedampatty, Near Ganapathy : Colleges/Institute Conducting Courses In Bach. of Education (B.Ed), Teachers T...