Gandhi Nagar, Delhi
|• Body||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||East Delhi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gandhi Nagar|
|Civic agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Gandhi Nagar is a middle-income commercial-cum-residential area in the East Delhi district of Delhi in the Trans-Yamuna area. It is most known for Gandhi Nagar Market, which is Asia’s 2nd biggest readymade garments/textile market. Gandhi nagar has a large number of shops and factories. 
Administratively it is one of the three subdivision of the East Delhi district (the others being Preet Vihar and Vivek Vihar) and one of the ten state legislative assembly constituencies under the East Delhi (Lok Sabha constituency), presently represented by Maheish Girri.
It is surrounded by other colonies including Geeta Colony, Seelampur and Krishna Nagar. The colonies under this Assembly Constituency are:
- Raghubar Pura Part I and Part II ( Sri Bhawani Devi Mahakali Mandir)
- Chand Mohalla
- Shanti Mohalla
- Rajgarh Colony
- Subhash Road
- Ram Nagar
- Amar Mohalla
- Kailash Nagar
- Nanak Basti
- Old Seelampur village
- Ghas Mandi
- Subhash Mohalla
- Ajit Nagar
- Jain Mohalla
- Krishna Nagar
- Lal Quarter
- Chander Nagar
- Shankar Nagar
- Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya
- Geeta Bal Bharti
- S.B.V. Rajgarh Colony
- Gandhi Nagar Girls School
- R.A. Geeta. Sr. Sec. School, Shankar Nagar
- Chaudhary Malook Singh School, Jheel
- D.A.V. Govt School
- Sai Memorial Girls Sernior Secondary School
- St. Lawrence Public School
To make road travel from Mayur Vihar Phase I to Gandhi Nagar traffic-signal-free, four major road infrastructure projects worth Rs.412 crore, including the Geeta Colony bridge were inaugurated in 2009 by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
|Nirman Vihar||4.7 km|
|Seelam Pur||2.7 km|
|Preet Vihar||5.4 km|
|Akshardham metro station||6.3 km|
|Shastri Park metro station||1.6 km
Source Code : 23623
- "Lovely stands strong in Gandhi Nagar". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Nov 25, 2008. Retrieved 1 April 2010.
- "Gandhi Nagar Pincode Delhi". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "Delimitation panel accepts NCP's proposals". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Dec 3, 2005. Retrieved 1 April 2010.
- Ghosh, Abantika (Mar 4, 2009). "Delhi now SC-OBC stronghold". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 April 2010.
- "Now no stoppage from Mayur Vihar to Gandhi Nagar". The Hindu. December 23, 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2010.