Gang Leader (2019 film)
|Nani's Gang Leader|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vikram Kumar|
|Produced by||Naveen Yerneni|
Y. Ravi Sankar
|Written by||Vikram Kumar|
Venkat D. Pati
Priyanka Arul Mohan
|Cinematography||Miroslaw Kuba Brozek|
|Edited by||Naveen Nooli|
|Distributed by||Big Ben Cinemas|
Gang Leader, promoted as Nani's Gang Leader, is a 2019 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film produced by Naveen Yerneni, Y. Ravi Sankar and Mohan Cherukuri under banner of Mythri Movie Makers and written & directed by Vikram Kumar. The film stars Nani and Priyanka Arul Mohan, along with Karthikeya, Saranya Ponvannan, Anish Kuruvilla, Priyadarshi Pulikonda, Raghu Babu, Vennela Kishore and Sathya in pivotal roles.  The music is composed by Anirudh Ravichander. In the film, a group of bereaved women seek the help of a crime novelist to avenge the death of their loved ones.
The film was released on 13 September 2019, after being pushed back from previously scheduled release date of 30 August 2019.
Pencil Parthasarathy (Nani) is a small time crime novel writer who watches hit English language movies and rewrites their stories as local Telugu novels. Meanwhile a great robbery takes place in the city where ₹ 300 crores are stolen by 5 individuals. As soon as the robbery is finished, the 5 are found murdered and the money stolen.
5 bereaved women (1 aged woman, 1 middle aged woman, 1 young woman, 1 teen and a small child) who lost their loved ones (the 5 dead robbers) come together and try to find someone who would help them avenge their loved ones. Pencil, at first, refuses to help but sensing a good (and probably his first) original story, agrees to help them.
After a few hilarious twists and turns, the rag tag group finally narrows down on their main suspect: Dev.
Dev is a small time ambulance driver turned F1 Racer. As an ambulance driver, Dev never lost a patient due to his skilled and prompt driving of patients to the hospitals. But in order to become a successful race car driver, he needed money. In order to get the money, he joined a group of cancer patients (the original five) who were planning on a robbery to set aside money for their loved ones (the 5 women). After the robbery, Dev kills the 5 men and steals the money and becomes a successful race car driver. The rest of the movie revolves around how the Gang can bring Dev to justice for revenge, with Pencil as their Gang Leader.
- Nani as Pencil Parthasarathy
- Priyanka Arul Mohan as Priya
- Lakshmi as Saraswathi
- Kartikeya Gummakonda as Dev
- Saranya Ponvannan as Varalakshmi
- Shriya Reddy as Swathi
- Praanya P Rao as Chinnu
- Anish Kuruvilla as Inspector
- Vennela Kishore as Santoor Senakayala
- Priyadarshi Pulikonda
- Sathya as Dev's former colleague
|Soundtrack album by|
|Studio||Albuquerque Records, Chennai|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Anirudh Ravichander chronology|
|1.||"Ra Ra (Roar of the Revengers)"||Anantha Sriram||Prudhvi Chandra, BasherMax||04:05|
|2.||"Hoyna Hoyna"||Anantha Sriram, Inno Genga||sriram||04:52|
|3.||"Ninnu Chuse Anandamlo"||Anantha Sriram||Sid Sriram||05:33|
|4.||"Gang-u Leader"||Anantha Sriram||Anirudh Ravichander||03:28|
Marketing and release
Behindwoods gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Gang Leader is an inventive, wildly entertaining comedy with a great ensemble performance.".
Great Andhra gave 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "Vikram Kumar’s flat narration has made it a dull affair. “Nani’s Gang Leader” is the weakest movie in Vikram’s career so far".
Indian Express gave 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "Gang Leader has its moments, thanks to Nani's effortless presence. He keeps the scenes lively and bright. It is not a bad film but that doesn't mean it is outstanding either".
- "GANG LEADER". British Board of Film Classification.
- "Nani's Gang Leader with Vikram K Kumar has THIS Chiranjeevi connection". Filmfare. 26 February 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Nani, Vikram Kumar team up for new film Gang Leader, watch video". The Hindustan Times. 25 February 2019.
- "Mythri Movie Makers". Mythri Movie Makers on Twitter. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Mythri Movie Makers (23 July 2019), "Nani's Gang Leader Teaser - Karthikeya - Vikram Kumar - Anirudh Ravichander - Mythri Movie Makers", YouTube, retrieved 19 August 2018
- "Meet 'Pencil', Nani's character in Gang Leader". The Hindu. 24 July 2019. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Gang Leader Movie Review : Gang Leader shines in parts but is let down by a haphazard screenplay". TimesofIndia.
- "GANG LEADER MOVIE REVIEW". Behindwoods.
- "Nani's Gang Leader Review: Unsharpened Pencil". GreatAndhra.
- "Gang Leader movie review: A okayish film saved by Nani's performance". IndianExpress.
|This article about a film in the Telugu language is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|