Ganga Gowri (1973 film)
|Directed by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Produced by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Written by||A. S. Nagarajan|
|Story by||A. S. Nagarajan|
S. A. Asokan
O. A. K. Devar
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Cinematography||P. L. Nagappa|
|Edited by||V. P. Krishnan|
|Distributed by||Padmini Pictures|
Ganga Gowri is a 1973 Indian mythological Tamil film, directed and produced by B. R. Panthulu. The film stars Gemini Ganesan, Jayalalithaa, S. A. Asokan and Cho in lead roles. The film had musical score by M. S. Viswanathan. The movie is a remake of director's own 1967 Kannada movie Gange Gowri starring Rajkumar.
- Gemini Ganesan
- Jayalalithaa as Ganga
- Jayanthi as Dakshayani / Gowri
- Cho as Lord Narada
- S. A. Asokan
- Sivakumar as Narayanan or Mahadevan
- Thengai Srinivasan as Subbuni
- Poornam Viswanathan in a Guest Appearance
- Kumari Padmini
- Geethanjali as Lakshmi
The music was composed by M. S. Viswanathan.
|1||"Aadhi Baghavan"||Sirkazhi Govindarajan||Kannadasan|
|2||"Pichandi Thannai"||T. M. Soundararajan|
|3||"Azhagiya Megangal"||S. Janaki|
|4||"Andharangam Naan Ariven"||P. B. Sreenivas, S. Janaki|
|5||"Ennamma Annamma"||T. M. Soundararajan, L. R. Eswari|
|6||"Aadhi Naathan Kedkinraan"||T. M. Soundararajan, S. Janaki|
|7||"Adi Yendiamma"||S. Janaki, L. R. Eswari|
- "Ganga Gowri". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Ganga Gowri". gomolo.com. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Three rare pictures of Jayalalithaa and the fascinating stories behind them". The News Minute. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|