Gangarampur (community development block)
গঙ্গারামপুর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||315.60 km2 (121.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||650/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gangarampur, Kushmandi|
Gangarampur (community development block) is an administrative division in Gangarampur subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Gangarampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Gangarampur.
Gangarampur is located at.
As per 2011 Census of India Gangarampur CD Block had a total population of 237,628 of which 230,612 were rural and 119,358. There were 122,941 males and 119,358 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 72,262 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 32,933.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Gangarampur CD Block was 148,413 out of which 82,803 were males and 65,610 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.