|Directed by||Priya Krishnaswamy|
|Produced by||National Film Development Corporation of India|
|Music by||Ved Nair|
|Edited by||Priya Krishnaswamy|
The story is about an elderly maid servant who works hard to achieve her dream of an extremely expensive Gara sari and changes the lives of people she interacts with while in Mumbai to buy the sari. The film was premiered at MAMI 2012, in the New Faces in Indian Cinema section; the South Asian Film Festival in Canada; the Hanoi International Film Festival in Vietnam and the IFFI 2012.
- Sarita Joshi as Gangoobai
- Purab Kohli as Waman Ponkshe
- Mita Vashisht as Daksha
- Rajendranath Zutshi as Rohan
- Nidhi Sunil as Monisha
- Ankita Shrivastav as Santripti
- Aparna Kanekar as Malanbai (Gangoobai's friend in village)
- Gopi Desai as Mrs. Tahiliani
- Behram Rana as Jamshyd Mistry
- Rushad Rana as Khushru Mistry
- Ardra Swaroop as Simone's assistant
The Times of India gave it 2.5 stars out of 5 and the reviewer summarizes it as "Gangoobai doesn't sweep your heart away, but leaves you with some sweet, feel-good moments." MiD DAY gave the movie 3.5 out of 5 stars and says: "[T]his heartwarming film subtly teaches us something about our generation." The reviewer at Live Mint called it "a fairy tale".
- 'Gangoobai 2013 film full details on cast, crew, story and production' imdb.com. Retrieved January 2013.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee (2013-01-10). "Hinto movie reviews: Gangoobai". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- Rika Aash (2013-01-11). "NFDC to release Gangoobai on January 11". Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Gangoobai movie preview". glamsham.com. 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- IANS (2013-01-11). "Good to see actors of our age getting lead roles: Sarita Joshi". Zee News. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Shakti Shetty (2013-01-11). "Movie Review: Gangoobai". MiD DAY. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- Nandini Ramnath (2013-01-11). "Film Review: Gangoobai: A fairy tale measured in six yards". Live Mint. Retrieved 2013-08-01.