Gangs of Wasseypur (film series)
|Gangs of Wasseypur|
|Directed by||Anurag Kashyap|
|Produced by||Atul Shukla
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
|Written by||Zeishan Quadri
Vineet Kumar Singh
|Music by||Sneha Khanwalkar (soundtrack)
G. V. Prakash Kumar (score)
|Edited by||Shweta Venkat|
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures|
Gangs of Wasseypur (stylised as Gangs of वासेपुर) is a 2012 Indian two-part crime film co-written, produced and directed by Anurag Kashyap. Centered on the coal mafia of Dhanbad, and the underlying power struggles, politics and vengeance between three crime families, the film features an ensemble cast with Manoj Bajpai, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Huma Qureshi, Richa Chadda and Tigmanshu Dhulia in the major roles. Its story spans from the early 1940s to the 2000s. Both parts were originally shot as a single film measuring a total of 319 minutes and screened at the 2012 Cannes Directors' Fortnight but since no Indian theatre would volunteer to screen a five plus hour film, it was divided into two parts for the Indian market.
- Manoj Bajpai as Sardar Khan
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Faizal Khan
- Huma Qureshi as Mohsina Hamid
- Piyush Mishra as Nasir
- Jameel Khan as Asgar Khan
- Jaideep Ahlawat as Shahid Khan
- Tigmanshu Dhulia as Ramadhir Singh
- Satya Anand as J.P Singh
- Richa Chadda as Nagma Khatoon
- Zeishan Quadri as Definite Khan
- Reema Sen as Durga
- Pankaj Tripathi as Sultan Qureshi
- Vipin Sharma as Ehsaan Qureshi
- Vineet Kumar Singh as Danish Khan
- Aditya Kumar as Babu "Babua/Perpendicular" Khan
- Anurita Jha as Shama Parveen
- Murari Kumar as Guddu
- Yashpal Sharma as Occasional Singer (Guest Appearance)
- Rajkummar Rao as Shamshad Alam
- Shankar as Shankar
- Hazarat Ali as Definite Khan (young)
- Tilak Raj Mishra as Sanjeev
- Syed Khan as Iqbal Khan
- Naman Tiwari as Ajay Singh (young)
- Aniket Raj as Vijay Singh (young)
- Jaikumar Solanki as Jatin
- Sanjay Varma as Inspector Udayveer Singh
- Sandeep Arora as ACP Jadhav
- Pramod Pathak as Sultana Daku
- Harish Khanna as Yadav
- Raj Singh as Thakur
Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1
Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2
Director Kashyap confirmed there will be third part of the franchise, named Gangs of Wasseypur 1.5.
- "GANS OF WASSEYPUR – PART 1 (15)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 9 February 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 141. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur selected for Directors' Fortnight at Cannes". DearCinema.com. DearCinema. 24 April 2012. Archived from the original on 27 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Gangs of Wasseypur: World premiere at Cannes". IBN Live. IANS. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Leffler, Rebecca (24 April 2012). "Cannes 2012: Michel Gondry's 'The We & The I' to Open Director's Fortnight". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- "2012 Selection". quinzaine-realisateurs.com. Directors' Fortnight. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- Kaushal, Sweta (9 September 2015). "Anurag Kashyap plans Gangs of Wasseypur 3". Hindustan Times. HT Media. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gangs of Wasseypur.|