Ganguvarpatti

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ganguvarpatti
"Genguvarpatti"
Genguvarpatti
Village
Nickname(s): Gengu
Ganguvarpatti is located in Tamil Nadu
Ganguvarpatti
Ganguvarpatti
Location in Tamil Nadu, India
Coordinates: 10°10′07″N 77°41′34″E / 10.16861°N 77.69278°E / 10.16861; 77.69278Coordinates: 10°10′07″N 77°41′34″E / 10.16861°N 77.69278°E / 10.16861; 77.69278
Country  India
State Tamil Nadu
District Theni
Zone Madurai
Population (2001)
 • Total 10,569
Languages
 • Official Tamil
Time zone UTC+5:30 (IST)

Genguvarpatti is a Village in Madurai Region Theni district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

Population[edit]

According to the 2001 census,[1] Genguvarpatti had a population of 10,569. Males constitute 51% of the population while females constitute the other 49%. Genguvarpatti has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 47%. 13% of the population is under 6.

Climate[edit]

During the Southwest monsoon, the village receives the majority of its rainfall.

Economy[edit]

The Manjalar and Vaigai rivers cross this village. This water and monsoon rain is used to cultivate crops throughout the year.

Agriculture is the backbone of the town; most of the residents cultivate paddy, sugarcane, cotton, etc.

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.