Mandal map of Krishna district showing
Gannavaram mandal (in yellow)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Gannavaram mandal is one of the 50 mandals in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Nuzvid revenue division and the headquarters are located at Gannavaram. The mandal is bounded by Agiripalle, Bapulapadu, Unguturu, Vijayawada (rural) and Kankipadu mandals. The mandal is also a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 87,027. The total population constitute, 43,172 males and 43,855 females —a sex ratio of 1016 females per 1000 males. 8,098 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 4,147 are boys and 3,951 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 73.96% with 58,379 literates.
Towns and villages
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
- China Avutapalle
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 495, 526–527. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Mandals in Krishna district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Act, 2014" (PDF). News19. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Gannavaram mandal villages" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. National Informatics Centre. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 October 2014. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Sub-District Details of Krishna District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 September 2014.