|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Founded||11 April 1946|
Number of locations
|914 branches (2019)|
|Süleyman Sözen |
(President & CEO)
|Revenue||₺25.1 billion (2019)|
|₺7.9 billion (2019)|
|₺6.2 billion (2019)|
|Total assets||₺428.6 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||₺54.1 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Garanti BBVA (legal name Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş; formerly referred to as Garanti Bank in English) is a financial services company based in Turkey. 49.85% of Garanti's stakes are owned by the Spanish bank Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA).
Garanti Bank is the second largest private bank in Turkey with US$104.1 billion consolidated assets as of March 31, 2013. Having shares publicly traded in Turkey, the UK and the US, Garanti has an actual free float of 50.76% as of March 31, 2013; Garanti shares are publicly traded in Turkey and depository receipts in the UK and the US.
Garanti provides services in all business lines including payment systems, retail, commercial, corporate, SME, private and investment banking. Together with its domestic and international subsidiaries (Garanti Bank International, Garanti Bank SA, Garanti Bank Moscow), Garanti offers service also in pension and life insurance, leasing, factoring, brokerage and asset management.
Garanti serves twelve million customers through 936 domestic branches, 6 foreign branches in Cyprus, one in Luxembourg and one in Malta; 3 international representative offices in London, Düsseldorf and Shanghai; more than 3,550 ATMs; an award winning call center and Internet, mobile and social banking platforms built on technological infrastructure.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)||49.85|
The companies that comprise the Garanti Bank Group include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Garanti Bank International N.V.
- Garanti Bank Moscow
- Garanti Bank Romania
- Garanti Asset Management
- Garanti Securities
- Garanti Pension
- Garanti Leasing
- Garanti Factoring
- Garanti Payment Systems
- Garanti Mortgage
- Garanti Technology
- Garanti BBVA Integrated Annual Report 2019 2019, p. 26.
- Garanti BBVA Integrated Annual Report 2019 2019, p. 225.
- Garanti BBVA Integrated Annual Report 2019 2019, p. 27.
- "Garanti Bank 2014 Annual Report" (PDF). Garanti Bank. 31 December 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-29.
- "Subsidiaries – Garanti Bankası A.Ş."
- Garanti BBVA Integrated Annual Report 2019 (PDF), Garanti BBVA, 2019, archived from the original (PDF) on 17 April 2020