|Video by Garbage|
|Released||November 12, 1996|
Glasgow & London, United Kingdom
Los Angeles & Madison, United States
|Genre||Alternative rock, electronica|
|Label||Mushroom Records UK
Almo Sights & Sounds/Geffen (North America)
Garbage Video, also known as Home Video, was a 1996 short-form VHS and Video CD release that included all of Garbage's promotional music videos filmed until that point. Garbage Video was directed by Karen Lamond and produced by Luke Copeland for Oil Factory Films.
Garbage Video was the last major release to promote parent album Garbage and was issued by Almo Sights & Sounds/Geffen in North America and by Mushroom Records worldwide. Unlike a number of other music video compilations, Garbage Video has never been re-issued on the DVD format. It was superseded by the 2007 DVD release of Absolute Garbage.
- "Vow" – 4:30
- "Only Happy When It Rains" (U.S. Version) – 3:56
- "Queer" – 4:36
- "Stupid Girl" – 4:18
- "Sleep" (Bonus track)
- "Milk" – 3:53
Garbage Video includes footage shot at the band's March 21, 1996, headline concert at London's Brixton Academy, and outtakes from the shoots for the videos for "Only Happy When It Rains", "Queer" and "Stupid Girl" which are over-dubbed with a remix soundtrack by Rabbit in the Moon, Danny Saber and Red Snapper. Karen Lamond was given hours of personal footage by the band to edit through The video also includes a mini-clip for b-side "Sleep" shot by Garbage in Smart Studios in Madison, WI, Wisconsin.
Garbage intended the video release to show their "very strong visual identity", while stressing that their definite film piece would follow the next year, pushing "very hard at the conventional barriers associated with band video/short film-making".
Credits and personnel
- Music video directors
- Samuel Bayer ("Vow", "Only Happy When It Rains" and "Stupid Girl")
- Stéphane Sednaoui ("Queer" and "Milk")
- Karen Lamond ("Sleep")
|November 12, 1996||United States||Almo Sights & Sounds/Geffen||VHS|
|December 9, 1996||Australia||White Records|
|United Kingdom||Mushroom Records UK|
|March 17, 1997||Europe||BMG|
|Hong Kong||BMG Hong Kong||Video CD|
|United Kingdom Music Video Chart (The Official Charts Company)||12|
|United States Top Music Videos (Billboard)||10|
- "Garbage Video sleeve credits"
- "New Best Of Album". Garbage.com. Archived from the original on 2007-12-31. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- ""The Screens Are Full of Garbage", Melody Maker, issue dated December 7, 1996"
- "Garbage November 1996 news". Cafemomo.com. Archived from the original on 2001-07-21. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- "Official Music Video Chart Top 50; 15 December 1996 - 21 December 1996". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "Official Music Video Chart Top 50; 26 January 1997 - 01 February 1997". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "Videos - Garbage Home Video - Top Music Video Chart Listing For The Week Of Nov 30, 1996". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-03. Retrieved 2008-02-04.