|Population||2,396 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
In the 2016 census, Garbutt had a population of 2,396 people.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 13.1% of the population.
- 72.2% of people were born in Australia and 78.1% of people spoke only English at home.
- The most common responses for religion were No Religion 27.6% and Catholic 21.5%.
Townsville International Airport (formerly known as Garbutt Airport) is located there.
The suburb takes its name from the railway station which was originally known as Garbutts Siding and renamed Garbutt by the Railways Department on 26 January 1940. The siding served the butchering firm established by Charles Garbutt, a local pastoralist.
Public Facilities in Garbutt
Public Facilities in Garbutt include:
- Garbutt Shopping Village
- Harold Phillips Park
- Melrose Park
- Spilsbury Park
- Public Infrastructure
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Garbutt (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Garbutt (entry 46541)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
|This North Queensland related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|