Garcia  is an American actor best known for their starring role in the 2019 Netflix miniseries Tales of the City in which Garcia played a recently transitioned trans man exploring a newfound attraction to men. Garcia also served as a production consultant on the series. Garcia is non-binary, and uses they/them pronouns.
Garcia grew up in Chicago and, after dropping out of community college, began performing with the local theater company Free Street. Garcia later went back to school, moving to New York City to study at New York University.
Garcia's first credited role was in Netflix's 2019 series Tales of the City, a sequel to the earlier miniseries. They played the role of Jake Rodriguez, a trans man struggling with his new identity, his relationship, and his feelings of attraction towards men. Garcia's performance was well-received, described as "affecting" and with commentators noting with approval that they were one of a number of queer actors cast in queer roles. Garcia also has a recurring role on Party of Five (2020 TV series) where they play Matthew, an undocumented trans man. 
- Scott, Darren (16 October 2018). "Netflix announce diverse queer cast and crew for 'Tales of the City'". Attitude. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Adams, Nick (16 October 2018). "Netflix's new "Tales of the City" will bring us diverse queer and trans stories in 2019". GLAAD. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Betancourt, Manuel (6 June 2019). "Nonbinary Actor Garcia On Being Excited & Terrified After Landing a Role in Netflix's 'Tales of the City'". REMEZCLA. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Kheraj, Alim (11 June 2019). "Meet the trans non-binary actor changing tv with netflix's 'tales of the city'". Vice. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Metz, Nina (13 June 2019). "Chicago's Garcia talks inclusivity and 'Tales of the City' revival on Netflix". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Yeates, Cydney (7 June 2019). "Tales Of The City star Garcia breaks down how Netflix's limited series is flying the flag for LGBT community". Metro. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Bentley, Jean (7 June 2019). "Netflix's Tales of The City Has A Seriously Incredible Cast". Refinery29. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- German, Kent (13 June 2019). "Netflix's Tales of the City wisely leaves the San Francisco hate behind". CNET. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Azzopardi, Chris. "“Party of Five” Breakout Garcia Wows as Undocumented Trans Immigrant", NewNowNext, 08 February 2020. Retrieved on 11 February 2020.
- Lee, Jess (5 June 2019). "Netflix's Tales of the City star discusses playing a trans man on screen and representation for queer people of colour". Digital Spy. Retrieved 12 July 2019.