This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Richmond, British Columbia, Canada|
|Products||Animal meat-free foods|
|Owner||Garden Protein International, Pinnacle Foods|
|Website||Gardein official website|
Gardein (a portmanteau of garden and protein) is a product line of meat-free foods made by Garden Protein International in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. In November 2014, Pinnacle Foods purchased Gardein.
Since 2010 Gardein has received four Canadian Grand Prix 'New Product' awards, and Gardein also won 'New Product' award from Veg News Magazine three years in a row (2010, 2011 and 2012). Gardein's Seven Grain Crispy Tenders product won Shape Magazine's 'Best Snack' award in 2010, and Gardein then won the 'Good Food Award' by Natural Health Magazine in 2011.
Gardein received several awards in 2014, including PETA's 'Product of the Year,' the Libby Award for PETA's 'Best Seasonal Vegan Food,' and the 'Foodie Award' by the Vegetarian Times. Also that year, the brand received the 'Leadership in Sustainability' award at the British Columbia Export Awards, and Mercy for Animals awarded founded Yves Potvin their Innovative Business Award. Better Homes and Gardens awarded Gardein with 'Best New Product' in 2015.
|2014||PETA||Product of the Year||Won|
|Libby Awards||Best Seasonal Vegan Food||Won|
|Vegetarian Times||Foodie Award||Won|
|British Columbia Export Awards||Leadership in Sustainability||Won|
|Mercy for Animals||Innovative Business Award||Won|
|Better Homes and Gardens||Best New Product
(Crispy’ Chick’n Slider)
|2015||Best New Product||Won|
A list of Gardein products, many of which are sold in the frozen food aisles of grocery stores:
- Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n
- Lightly Seasoned Chick’n Scallopini
- Crispy Chick’n Sliders
- Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers
- Teriyaki Chick’n Strips
- Sweet & Tangy BBQ Wings
- Zesty Marinara Crispy Chick’n Fillets
- Crispy Chick’n Patty
- Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlet with Gravy
- Savory Stuffed Turk’y (Seasonal)
- Holiday Roast with Gravy (Seasonal)
- Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites
- Garden Veggie Burger
- Chipotle Black Bean Burger
- The Ultimate Ground
- The Ultimate Beefless Burger
- Home Style Beefless Tips
- Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips
- Classic Meatless Meatballs
- Beefless Sliders
- Breakfasts Sandwich
- Black Bean Sliders
- Home style Meatless Meatloaf
- Crabless Cakes
- Fishless Filets
- Crispy Chick'n with Veggies
- BBQ Pulled Porkless
- Meatless Pizza Pockets
All Gardein products are vegan, and they are certified by Vegan Action.
- "Pinnacle Foods acquires maker of Gardein vegan food line for $154M". NJBiz. November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Pinnacle Foods to buy Canadian protein foods maker Garden. Reuters, 14 November 2014
- "Low-Calorie Snacks|Shape Magazine". Shape.com. 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Gardein Earns "Three-Peat" with Coveted Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards™". Newswire.ca. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "The 2012 Veggie Awards". Vegnews.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Gardein's 'Golden Fishless Filet' Is PETA's 'Product of the Year". PETA. December 17, 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "2014 Libby Awards". peta2. 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "2014 Foodie Awards: Market to Table". Vegetarian Times. 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Gardein™ Receives Award for Leadership in Sustainability at the British Columbia Export Awards". Business Wire. November 18, 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Innovative Business Award". gardein.com. 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-16. Archived February 22, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Winner – Gardein Golden Fishless Filets!". Gardein.com. February 2, 2015. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gardein.|