Jump to navigation Jump to search
Garden City or Garden Suburb may refer to:
- 1 Design and planning
- 2 Places
- 3 See also
- 4 Arts, entertainment, and media
- 5 Brands and enterprises
- 6 Other uses
- 7 See also
Design and planning
- Garden city movement, emphasizing self-contained communities surrounded by "greenbelts"
- Town and Country Planning Association, originally known as the Garden City Association
Africa and the Middle East
- Bangalore, known as the "Garden City of India"
- Putrajaya, Malaysia, nicknamed "Garden City"
- Senzonku Garden City
- Garden City, Flintshire, Wales
- Garden Suburb, Oldham, Greater Manchester, England
- Hampstead Garden Suburb, London, England
- Humberstone Garden Suburb, Leicester, England
- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, England, designed by Ebenezer Howard, originator of the Garden City movement
- Welwyn Garden City, England, designed by Ebenezer Howard
- Garden City, Suresne, designed by Alexandre Maistrasse, Julien Quoniam and Félix Dumail
- Garden City, Stains, designed by Eugène Gonnot and Georges Albenque
- Garden City, Pré-Saint-Gervais, designed by Félix Dumail
Elsewhere in Europe
- Gartenstadt (Garden City), a district of Krefeld, Germany
- Garden City, Winnipeg
- Garden City Skyway, a major high-level bridge located in St. Catharines and Niagara-on-the-Lake, in Ontario, Canada
- St. Catharines, Ontario, also known as "The Garden City"
- Victoria, British Columbia, also known as "The Garden City"
- Garden City, Alabama
- Garden City, Colorado
- Garden City, Florida
- Garden City, Georgia
- Garden City, Idaho
- Garden City, Indiana
- Garden City, Iowa
- Garden City, Kansas
- Garden City, Michigan
- Garden City, Minnesota
- Garden City, Missouri
- Garden City, New York
- Garden City, Pennsylvania
- Garden City, a village within Cranston, Rhode Island
- Garden City, South Carolina
- Garden City, South Dakota
- Garden City, Texas
- Garden City, Utah
- Garden City, Roanoke, Virginia
- Maitland, South Dakota, originally called Garden City
- Missoula, Montana, nicknamed "The Garden City"
- Garden City, a shopping district in Suva, Fiji
- Garden City, Victoria, a locality within Port Melbourne, Victoria
- Garden Suburb, New South Wales, Australia
- Christchurch, New Zealand, nicknamed "The Garden City"
- Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia (nicknamed "The Garden City")
- Ciudad Jardín Lomas del Palomar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Maracay, Venezuela, nicknamed "Ciudad Jardín" ("Garden City")
- Viña del Mar, Chile, nicknamed "Ciudad Jardín" ("Garden City")
- Garden City station (disambiguation), stations of the name
- Knowle West, Bristol, England, built as a council housing estate constructed on garden city principles
- Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor, Malaysia; the first garden township in Asia
- Meadowridge, a suburb that is the second garden city in Cape Town, South Africa
- Moor Pool, a garden suburb within the ward of Harborne, Birmingham, England
- Nunsthorpe, a suburb of Grimsby, England
- Pinelands, Cape Town, a garden city in Cape Town, South Africa
- Singapore, on 11 May 1967, then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew introduced the country's “garden city” vision
- Södra Ängby, a residential area blending functionalism with garden city ideals, located in western Stockholm, Sweden, forming part of the Bromma borough
- Tapiola, a garden city district of Espoo, Finland
- Wythenshawe, a district of Manchester, England that is a massive housing estate started in the 1920s and intended as a "garden city"
Arts, entertainment, and media
- "Garden City", B-side of the 1984 Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark single "Tesla Girls"
- Garden City Radio 89.9, a radio station in Old GRA, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Brands and enterprises
- Garden City, Booragoon, a shopping centre in Perth, Australia
- Garden City Hotel, in Garden City, New York, USA
- Garden City Mall, Nairobi, a shopping complex in Kasarani, Kenya
- Garden City Publishing, an imprint of Doubleday
- Westfield Garden City, a shopping centre in Upper Mount Gravatt, Brisbane, Australia
- Garden City Collegiate, a high school in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- All pages with titles containing Garden City
- Green City (disambiguation)
- Sustainable city, green city, or eco-city, designed with consideration of environmental impact
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Garden City.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.