Garden Grove Township, Decatur County, Iowa
|Garden Grove Township|
Location in Decatur County
|• Total||35.73 sq mi (92.55 km2)|
|• Land||35.69 sq mi (92.43 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2) 0.12%|
|Elevation||1,070 ft (326 m)|
|• Density||12/sq mi (4.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0467889|
Garden Grove Township was created in 1850.
Garden Grove Township covers an area of 35.73 square miles (92.55 square kilometers); of this, 0.04 square miles (0.11 square kilometers) or 0.12 percent is water. The streams of Mormon Pool and Weldon Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Franklin Township, Clarke County (north)
- Union Township, Lucas County (northeast)
- Richman Township, Wayne County (east)
- High Point Township (south)
- Center Township (southwest)
- Franklin Township (west)
- Green Bay Township, Clarke County (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Doze, Garden Grove, Metier, Morman and Winters.
- Smith, Heman Conoman (1915). History of Decatur County, Iowa, and Its People, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 16.
|This article about the geography of Decatur County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|