Garden History Society
The Garden History Society was an organisation in the United Kingdom established to study garden history and to protect historic gardens. Since 2015 it became part of The Gardens Trust, having merged with the Association of Gardens Trusts.
Since 1995, the Garden History Society was a statutory consultee in relation to planning proposals which affect historic designed landscapes identified by English Heritage as being of national significance, and which are included on the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England. Thus when a planning authority received a planning application which affected a site on the Register, or the setting of such a site, the planning authority had to consult the Society.
- Australian Garden History Society
- Garden Museum
- National Register of Historic Parks and Gardens
- Royal Horticultural Society
- Welsh Historic Gardens Trust
- Historic garden conservation
- The Gardens Trust
- Charity Commission. Garden History Society, registered charity no. 1053446.
- "Garden History Officers". Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Our Journal". Garden History. Garden History Society. ISSN 0307-1243. Retrieved November 2013. Check date values in:
- "Statutory consultations". Archived from the original on 18 May 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.