Garden Valley, Texas
|Elevation||591 ft (180 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||430 & 903|
|GNIS feature ID||2034667|
Historically, prior to the formation of nearby town of Van (6 miles west of Garden Valley) in the late 1920s, when oil was discovered there, Garden Valley was a town with a post office, stage coach station, and hotel. Today, only one stop sign is in the community's center, with no businesses or public buildings. The city had a population of 150 people in 2000.
Garden Valley is headquarters of Christian ministries Mercy Ships, Youth With A Mission Tyler  and JAMA Global. It was also the home of Last Days Ministries, the ministry of the late Christian singer Keith Green; Green (along with two of his small children, who died in a plane crash) is interred in the Garden Valley Cemetery behind the local Baptist church.
- "Garden Valley, Texas". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- Smith County Historical Society, Historical Atlas of Smith County (Tyler, Texas: Tyler Print Shop, 1965)
- "TSHA | Garden Valley, TX".
- "Mercy Ships". Mercy Ships. 2015. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "YWAM Tyler Location". YWAM. 2018. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- "YWAM Tyler About". YWAM Tyler. 2018. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- "JAMA Global". Retrieved December 22, 2018.