|Presented by||Peter Cundall (1990 - 2008)
Stephen Ryan (2009 - 2011)
Costa Georgiadis (2012 - present)
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||27 (as of 2016)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||16 February 1990|
Gardening Australia is an Australian lifestyle television program which suggests and promotes organic and environmentally friendly ways of gardening.
It was originally hosted by Peter Cundall, an experienced gardener with a passion for growing plants using organic methods.
Costa Georgiadis hosts the show and the program has presenters from around Australia. These include:
- Josh Byrne (WA)
- Tino Carnevale (TAS)
- Jerry Coleby-Williams (QLD)
- Jane Edmanson (VIC)
- John Patrick (VIC)
- Clarence Slockee (NSW)
- Angus Stewart (NSW)
- Sophie Thomson (SA)
Cundall had a segment called Pete's Mailbag where viewers could ask questions or send in photographs or letters about their own gardens.
The show has several segments, which include all forms of gardening, from sculptural and artistic gardens to vegetable growing and xeriscaping. Most segments are filmed on location.
The program has an Ask It/Solve It section where people can submit their garden questions/problems to be answered by the presenters.
The Vegie Guide is a new feature which suggests a range of vegetables that can be planted each month,in the broad climate zones around Australia.
- List of longest-running Australian television series
- List of programs broadcast by ABC Television
- List of Australian television series
- Knox, David (23 January 2009). "Stephen digs into Gardening Australia". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 23 January 2009.
- Costa to host Gardening Australia, ABC, 20 December 2011
- Justin Russell (8 November 2012). "A visit to Pete's Patch, Hobart". https://www.organicgardener.com.au. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 18 October 2015. External link in