Jump to navigation Jump to search
|• Mayor||Andrea Kummerscheidt (CDU)|
|• Total||3.06 km2 (1.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Sons and daughters of the city
- Theodor Mommsen (1817-1903), historian and Nobel laureate; since 1895, honorary citizen of the city of Garding (permanent exhibition in the town hall)
- Tycho Mommsen (1819-1900), writer and high school director
- Richard Petersen (1865-1946), engineer, technical manager for the construction of the Wuppertaler Schwebebahn
- Peter-Jürgen Boock (born 1951), writer and former member of the RAF
Connected with Garding
- Knut Kiesewetter (born 1941), singer and musician, grew up in Garding.
- Otto Beckmann (born 1945), painter, draftsman and graphic artist, rebuilt the mill "Emanuel" in Garding since 1971.