Gare de Bordeaux-Saint-Jean
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|SNCF and tram|
Gare de Bordeaux-Saint-Jean front
|Location||Rue Charles-Domercq, 33800|
|Owned by||RFF / SNCF|
Bordeaux-Saint-Jean or Bordeaux-Midi is the main railway station in the French city of Bordeaux. It is the southern terminus of the Paris–Bordeaux railway, and the western terminus of the Chemins de fer du Midi main line from Toulouse. The current station building opened in 1898. As well as Midi trains, the station accepted trains from the PO and the État. The station was built by M Toudoire and S Choron.
The station building, situated in Bordeaux city centre at the end of the Cours de la Marne, appears from the front as three parts. The middle part is home to the station buffet and separates the arrivals and departures halls. All three parts are parallel to the platforms. The station buildings hide a large trainshed, built by Gustave Eiffel, which is 56 m wide and covers 17,000 m².
Since the arrival of the TGV the station has been renovated and upgraded with modern equipment, but has kept its original features.
The great hall has a large map of the network of the Midi on one of the walls and reminds passengers of the origins of the station.
A long metal viaduct, also built by Eiffel was originally used to carry the railway over the River Garonne but this two-track bridge became a bottleneck and a new four-track railway bridge was built next to it.
The following services call at Bordeaux-Saint-Jean as of January 2018:
^ indicates not all trains stop there
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Bordeaux - Dax - Lourdes - Tarbes
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Bordeaux - Dax - Bayonne - Biarritz - Hendaye
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Bordeaux - Agen - Toulouse
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Bordeaux - Arcachon
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Tours - Poitiers - Angoulême - Bordeaux
- High speed services (TGV) Lille - Aéroport CDG - Tours - Bordeaux
- High speed services (TGV) Strasbourg - Aéroport CDG - Tours - Bordeaux
- Discount high speed services (Ouigo TGV)
Paris Montparnesse - St-Pierre-des-corps (Tours)^ - Poitiers^ - Angoulême - Bordeaux - Agen - Montaubon - Toulouse
- Intercity services (Intercités) Bordeaux - Toulouse - Montpellier - Marseille
- Intercity services (Intercités) Bordeaux - Périgueux - Limoges
- Intercity services (Intercités) Bordeaux - Périgueux - Brive-la-Gaillarde - Ussel
- Intercity services (Intercités) Nantes - La Rochelle - Bordeaux
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) (Line 16) Bordeaux - Libourne - Angoulême
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux (Line 24 Direction Limoges and Line 25 Direction Brive) - Libourne - Mussidan - Périgueux
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux (Line 26) - Libourne - Bergerac - Sarlat-la-Canéda
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux (Line 32) - Arcachon
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux (Line 33) - Lesparre - Le Verdon
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux - Morcenx - Mont-de-Marsan
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux - Langon - Marmande - Agen
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux - Dax - Bayonne - Hendaye
- local service (TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine) Bordeaux - Saintes - La Rochelle
(Temporary Train changes due to strikes or major work)
- From January 2, 2019 for 9 months Line 26 was to be under major work rail replacement to become suitable and safe for the new trains, Between Libourne and Le Bussion Via Bergerac will be replaced by coaches.
Bordeaux - Libourne (Train Terminates at Libourne) Libourne (Train Starts From Libourne) - Bordeaux
Le Buisson De Cadouin - Sarlat Train brand new line via Agen line without changing at Le Buisson and Siorac-en-perigord. Périgueux - Niversac - Le Bugue - Le Buisson - St Cyprien - Sarlat Click or copy and paste this Link for details. (All Links are in French only) https://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/nouvelle_aquitaine/Affiche%2034%20Perigueux%20Agen_tcm78-217165_tcm78-223111.pdf
Bordeaux St Jean - Libourne - Ste-Foye-La-Grande - Bergerac - Le Buisson - Sarlat (Returning regular Train service in September 2019) https://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/nouvelle_aquitaine/Affiche%2033%20Bordeaux%20Sarlat_ap_30_09_MAJ_18_07_tcm78-224108_tcm78-223108.pdf
COACH Services (Till September 2019) Train Bordeaux - Libourne Coach 1 Libourne - Ste-foye-la-grande - Bergerac Coach 2 Bergerac - Le Buisson - Sarlat https://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/nouvelle_aquitaine/Affiche%2033%20Bordeaux%20Sarlat_JQ_01_09_MAJ_25_06_tcm78-217164_tcm78-223110.pdf
Trains on the Angoulême, Périgueux, Limoges and Brive lines via Libourne are not affected and are fully operating on their lines fully as normal.
|Preceding station||SNCF||Following station|
toward La Rochelle
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 6P||Terminus|
|Terminus||TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 16||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 17||Terminus|
|Terminus||TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 24||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 26||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 32||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 33||
toward Le Verdon
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 40||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 47||
|TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine 61||
In October 2019, Gare de Bordeaux-Saint-Jean was twinned with London St Pancras International, London, United Kingdom. The association was made in the hope that a high speed service could connect the two stations, and was announced at a ceremony headed by Claude Solard, Director General of SNCF.
- Gare de Bordeaux État (État)
- Gare de Bordeaux Passerelle (PO)
- Gare de Bordeaux Bastide (PO)
- Gare de Bordeaux Ravezies (ex. Saint-Louis)
- Gare de Bordeaux Brienne
- Gare de Bordeaux Bénauge (PO-Midi-Etat)
- TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Fiches horaires, accessed 30 January 2018.
- "London St Pancras twins with Bordeaux Saint-Jean to promote direct service". www.railwaygazette.com. Retrieved 19 October 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gare de Bordeaux-Saint-Jean.|