Gare de Lyon-Perrache
The frontage of the station
|Location||14, cours de Verdun
|Elevation||174 m (571 ft)|
|Owned by||RFF / SNCF|
Lyon–Marseille (via Grenoble)
|Public transport in Lyon|
Lyon-Perrache (French: gare de Lyon-Perrache) is a large railway station located in the Perrache district, in the 2nd arrondissement of Lyon, France. The station was opened in 1855 and is located on the Paris–Marseille railway, Lyon–Geneva railway and Moret–Lyon railway. The train services are operated by SNCF and includes TGV, Intercity and local services.
The station lost its view of the city when the transport interchange and dual-carriageway were built in the 1970s. Although much modern building has somewhat tarnished the look of the area, the station retains much of its original features:
- The station front features the names of towns served by trains departing Lyon-Perrache.
- The platforms are covered by two twin iron rooftops.
It is the terminus of the LGV Sud-Est line, the high-speed railway line from Paris. It is also served by conventional trains from other parts of France, and is the terminus of Line A of the Lyon Metro. It is also the terminus of one of the Lyon tram lines.
Today, however, Perrache is no longer the primary rail station serving Lyon. Instead, the Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu, constructed in the 1970s in a large planned business district outside of the central city, acts as the more popular embarkation point for most high-speed trains, especially to Paris and the north.
A rebuilding of the station is planned for completion by 2020, with a view to improving the interchange, which by then will be 50 years old.
The station is served by the following services:
- High speed services (TGV) Paris - Lyon
- Intercity services (Intercités) Bordeaux - Périgueux - Limoges - Montluçon - Roanne - Lyon
- Intercity services (Intercités) Nantes - Tours - Bourges - Lyon
- Regional services (TER Rhône-Alpes) Lyon - Ambérieu - Bellegarde - Genéve
- Regional services (TER Rhône-Alpes) Lyon - Valence - Montelimar - Orange - Avignon
- Regional services (TER Rhône-Alpes) Lyon - Bourgoin - Grenoble
- Local service (TER Rhône-Alpes) Lyon - Ambérieu - Aix-les-Bains - Chambéry
|Preceding station||SNCF||Following station|
|TER Bourgogne 6||Terminus|
|Terminus||TER Rhône-Alpes 1||
|TER Rhône-Alpes 5||
toward Le Puy-en-Velay
|TER Rhône-Alpes 10||Terminus|
|Terminus||TER Rhône-Alpes 23||
|TER Rhône-Alpes 24||Terminus|
|TER Rhône-Alpes 24|
|TER Rhône-Alpes 26|
|TER Rhône-Alpes 32|
|Terminus||TER Rhône-Alpes 35||
|TER Rhône-Alpes 54||
- Paris - Lyon
- Paris - Lyon - Milan
- Paris - Lyon - Turin
- London - Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - Lyon
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - Lyon
- Lyon - Barcelona
- Timetables TER Rhône-Alpes (French)
|This article about a railway station in the Rhône-Alpes région of France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|