This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Garegin Khachatryan was born in Yerevan, 17 September 1975. Son of Rafik Khachatryan - Khachar Afo - who was a sculptor of the Union of the Artists of the USSR and Armenia and a young (13 years old) and brave participant of the National Liberation movement of Armenians: he was a Soldier of Armenian National Liberation Legion (Azgayin Legion or National Legeon, from 1988, aged thirteen, to 1994 when he was 19 years old. He was a "spetsnaz" and paratrooper in a volunteer battalion "Artsiv 4" (Eagle 4). His Father - Rafik Khachatryan was in the Headquarters of the Independence Army of Armenia. Garegin Khachatryan graduate of an Armenian High school, as well as of Art College in Yerevan. He was a volunteer in the self-defense forces and had a good training in volunteer troops as a special force and paratrooper. He was a brave defender of the borders of the Republic of Armenia and a volunteer participant of self-defense operations in the border areas of Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh.
He was awarded with the "Medal for Bravery" of the Republic of Armenia.
He was a direct descendant of the house of Daniel-Bek of Sassun (province Sassun or Sason of Western Armenia) (second half of the 18th century) and Khachatur-Bek of Mush (town Mush of Western Armenia) (first half of the 19th century).
- Encyclopedia of Karabakh Liberation War 1988-1994 (in Armenian). Armenian Encyclopedia, Yerevan 2004, pages 429-430.
- Television programmes of Armenian TV channels. 1998, August.
- Television programmes of Armenian TV channels. 1998, November.
- Television programmes of Armenian TV channels. 2006, May.
- Television programmes of Armenian TV channels. 2006, September.
- Television programmes of Armenian TV channels. 1998-2006.
- "Hay Zinvor" (Armenian Soldier), the official weekley of the Ministry of Defense of Armenia, issues of 1998-2008.
- Sasun Grigoryan, Musanera ch'lrecin, v.3, Yerevan, 2010, pages 67–67 (in Armenian).
- Хачатрян Гарегин Рафикович, Энциклопедия фонда Хай Азг (http://ru.hayazg.info/%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80%D1%8F%D0%BD_%D0%93%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BD_%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)|
- «Ռաֆոն»[dead link]
- Garegin Khachatryan in Yandex.ru 
- <iframe width="300" height="72" frameborder="0" src="http://video.yandex.ru/iframe/gurgen99/7d9x7i1vq6.1114/"></iframe>
- . Ղարաբաղյան ազատագրական պատերազմ հանրագիտարան (Karabakh Liberation War encyclopedia).djvu/429
- . Ղարաբաղյան ազատագրական պատերազմ հանրագիտարան (Karabakh Liberation War encyclopedia).djvu/430