Gareth Evans (footballer, born 1987)
|Full name||Gareth David Evans|
|Date of birth||10 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Wrexham, Wales|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Oklahoma City Energy|
|2007||→ Northwich Victoria (loan)||1||(0)|
|2008||→ Tamworth (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009||Austin Aztex FC||21||(0)|
|2010||Real Maryland Monarchs||17||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Chester (loan)||1||(0)|
|2011||Wilmington Hammerheads FC||20||(0)|
|2012–2013||Wilmington Hammerheads FC||48||(1)|
|2014–2016||Oklahoma City Energy||54||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:12, 11 December 2015 (UTC).
England and Wales
Evans is a former Newi Cefn Druids player, who made 31 appearances, 25 as substitute, for the club in the Welsh Premier League during the 2003–04 season. He joined Wrexham in 2004 and signed a professional contract in summer 2006, after initially being told that the club could not afford to give him one.
He broke into the first-team in the 2006–07 season, making 14 league and cup appearances. Manager Denis Smith praised Evans and fellow centre-back, Mike Williams, after a 1–0 win over Darlington in December 2006, saying, "It's possibly the youngest centre-back pairing the club's ever put out and I think they did tremendously well. I'm delighted with the way they played and I think the lads applied themselves well in difficult circumstances." Evans signed a new two-year contract in May 2007.
Evans was loaned to Northwich Victoria and Tamworth during the 2007–08 season but also made another 14 league and cup appearances for Wrexham as the club unsuccessfully battled against relegation from the Football League.
Evans left Wrexham in January 2009 to continue his footballing career in the United States, and joined USL First Division club Austin Aztex FC in February 2009. He was released by the Aztex at the end of the 2009 season.
In October 2010, Evans joined Chester until March 2011, when he returned to the United States to play for Los Angeles Blues in the USL Professional League. He made his debut for Chester on 9 October as a 76th-minute substitute against Harrogate Railway Athletic.
Upon returning to the United States in spring 2011, Evans trained with LA Blues, with whom he had signed a contract, but did not remain with the club. On 5 April 2011 he signed with Wilmington Hammerheads of the USL Pro. At season's end he joined Carolina RailHawks FC for the remainder of the 2011 North American Soccer League season. Evans re-signed with Wilmington for 2012 on 5 December 2011.
- "Welsh Premier career details for Gareth Evans". Welsh Premier League Football. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Evans' unexpected Wrexham chance". BBC Sport. 2 August 2006. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Games played by Gareth Evans in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Racing Post. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Smith hails rookie centre-backs". BBC Sport. 23 December 2006. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Wrexham re-sign youngster Evans". BBC Sport. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Games played by Gareth Evans in 2007/2008". Soccerbase. Racing Post. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Wrexham go out of Football League". BBC Sport. 22 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Backlog not a problem for Terry". Evening Leader. North Wales Newspapers Ltd. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Aztex sign two players from open tryouts". Austin Axtex FC official site. Archived from the original on 27 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Austin Announces Release Of 14 Players From The 2009 Squad
- "Macauley recruits two". vmfc.com. 9 December 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- LA Blues Sign Welsh Defender
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 May 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Gareth Evans at Soccerbase