|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||434956|
Garfield is located at.
Residents are zoned to North Montgomery Community School Corporation schools. Elementary students are zoned to Sugar Creek Elementary School. Secondary students attend Northridge Middle School and North Montgomery High School.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Garfield, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "Montgomery County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 141. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...probably named for James A. Garfield, who was elected president...
- "About Us" (Archive). North Montgomery School Corporation. Retrieved on December 25, 2016. See attendance boundary map on the page.
|This Montgomery County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|