Garfield Township, Grundy County, Illinois
Location in Grundy County
Grundy County's location in Illinois
|Established||March 10, 1903|
|• Total||18.15 sq mi (47.0 km2)|
|• Land||18.1 sq mi (47 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||594 ft (181 m)|
|• Density||87.6/sq mi (33.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429042|
Garfield township was formed from Greenfield township on March 10, 1903. The area contained coal mines.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.15 square miles (47.0 km2), of which 18.1 square miles (47 km2) (or 99.72%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Gardner (vast majority)
The township contains Grand Prairie Lutheran Cemetery.
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Garfield Township, Grundy County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2007-10-20.
||Mazon Township||Maine Township||Braceville Township|
|Goodfarm Township||Greenfield Township|
|Round Grove Township, Livingston County|