The Avenue de Stalingrad in Garges-lès-Gonesse
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|Intercommunality||CA Roissy Pays de France|
|• Mayor (2004–2020)||Maurice Lefèvre|
|5.47 km2 (2.11 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,800/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||34–80 m (112–262 ft) |
(avg. 60 m or 200 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Garges-lès-Gonesse is a commune in the northern suburbs of Paris in the Val-d'Oise department in northern France. It is located 14.1 km (8.8 mi) from the center of Paris. The city is a part of the Paris urban area. It is the seat of two cantons: Garges-lès-Gonesse-Est and Garges-lès-Gonesse-Ouest. The western canton is completely formed by the territory of the commune, while the eastern canton includes other communes.
The city is strongly urbanized and is near to Paris–Le Bourget Airport. Garges-lès-Gonesse was transformed from an old rural village to a suburb at the beginning of the 20th century.
- 13 preschools
- 11 elementary schools
- Four combined preschools and elementary schools
- Junior high schools: Paul Eluard, Henri Wallon, Pablo Picasso, and Henri Matisse
- Senior high school/sixth-form college: Lycée Simone de Beauvoir
- Vocational high school: Lycée professionel Arthur Rimbaud
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Les écoles à Garges." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Les collèges Archived 2016-09-14 at the Wayback Machine." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Le lycée." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Le lycée professionnel ." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- Official website (in French)
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (in French)
- Land use (IAURIF)[permanent dead link] (in English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garges-lès-Gonesse.|
|This Val-d'Oise geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|