|Elevation||373 m (1,224 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-MP|
Garhakota is located at  It has an average elevation of 373 metres (1223 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Garhakota had a population of 26,877. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Garhakota has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 57%. In Garhakota, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Garhakota is an enlightened place. Many archeological surveys revealed that it has been a place of importance for many civilizations. It has Jain Atishay kshetra Pateria Ji.
- Shri Parsvanath Digamber Jain Atishaya Kshetra, Pateriaji
This temple is more than 200 Years old, built by Seth Radha Kishanjun Shah out of his one day earning from the cotton trade in 1782 A.D. (V.S. 1839). The principal deity of Pateria is Lord Parsvanath (The 23rd Teerthankar). This idol is 7 feet in height in Padmasana posture build in Black Stone with three serpent hoods. The spire of this temple is 90 feet high surrounded by a thick wall. 
- Shri Dig. Jain Chaudhari Mandir
This temple was built in 1891(V.S. 1948), has 60 feet high spire. It consist 63 idols, moolnayak of this temple is an idol of Lord Parsvanath having 1000 serpent hoods.
- Garhakota fort
The nearby Garhakota fort has rivers Sunar and Gadhairi on the two sides. It covers 11 acres. It was raided and breached by Sir Hugh Rose in 1858 in the course of Ghadar. In the outskirts of Garhakota, there exists a rock which was being carved as a Jain image, which was abandoned when the sponsor was killed in the Ghadar rampage.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Garhakota
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- The Revolt in Central India 1857-59 By Reginald George Burton, India. Army. Intelligence Branch, Government Monotype Press, 1908 p. 98
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|