|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Garhshankar is a town in Hoshiarpur district in the state of Punjab, India. It was founded by Doad king named Shankar Sahai in 1000 AD. Garhshankar was converted as a Tehsil in the year of 1844 by British Govt.
Garhshankar Railway Station, Satnaur Badesron Railway Station are the very nearby railway stations to Garhshankar.
As per 2011 census, Garhshankar had a population of 302,396. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Garhshankar has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 70%.
Schools and Colleges
- Govt. Sen. Sec. School, Garhshankar
- Doaba Public School
- Mount Carmel School, Garhshankar
- S.B.S Model High School, Sadarpur
- St. Soldier Divine Public School, Garhshankar
- Sgtb Pub Sen Sec Sch Kotfatuhi
- Gsss Bora
- Garhshankar Education Society, Nangal Road, Garhshankar.
- Babbar Akali Memorial Khalsa College Garhshankar
- P.D.Bedi Sen.Sec.Arya School.
- Minerva public school, garhshankar,
- M.D.K.S.D. PUBLIC SCHOOL
- VIDIYA SAGAR PUBLIC SCHOOL