|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
In Garhshankar City, many festivals and fairs are organized throughout the year. Maha Shivratry, Shri Krishna Janmashtami, Hola Mohalla, Shri Viswkarma Day are among the most famous festivals. Raja Kans's mela, is a special mela that is organized every year near Janamashtmi. Raja Kans was uncle of Lord Shri Krishna. Another famous mela is the Roshni Mela.
- Shri Khuralgarh Sahib at village Kharali, Gahshankar.
- Histrocial Gurudwara sahib at Nanowal,Garhshankar
- Masta Da Daara at Bhawanipur/Auchalpur, Garhshankar
- Roja mobarak Hazrat Syed Hamed Ali Shah commonly known as Syed Jhanday Shah Qadrii in Jiwan Pur Gujjran .
As of 2011[update] India census Garhshankar had a population of 3,02,396. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Garhshankar has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 70%.
Schools, Coaching institutes & Colleges
- Garhshankar Education Society (Lovely Professional University Distance Education Centre, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Centre), Nangal Road, Garhshankar | Call 9417078551, 01884-500130.
- RANA ACADEMY GARHSHANKAR, Anandpur Sahib Road
- Garhshankar Education Society, Nangal Road, Garhshankar | Call 9417078551, 01884-500130.
- Mount Carmel School, Garhshankar
- St. Soldier Divine Public School, Garhshankar
- Sgtb Pub Sen Sec Sch Kotfatuhi
- Gsss Bora
- National Ps Garhi Mutton
- Garhshankar Education Society, Nangal Road, Garhshankar.
- Babbar Akali Memorial Khalsa College Garhshankar
- P.D.Bedi Sen.Sec.Arya School.
- "The matter regarding the acquisition of the land for setting up the Guru Ravidass Memorial was also discussed. The Minister was apprised that 10 acres has been acquired and land measuring 3 acres was available with the Panchayat of the village Khuralgarh, District Hoshiarpur.". Archived from the original on 2014-10-29.