Garikapati Narasimha Rao
|Garikipati Narasimha Rao|
|Born||Bodapadu Agraharam, Tadepalligudem mandal, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Residence||Sainikpuri, Secunderabad, Telangana, India|
Garikapati Narasimha Rao is a Telugu Avadhani (literary performer) in Andhra Pradesh, India. He is famous for memorizing a large number of poems and reciting them before the audience. In 1996 he performed Avadhanam with 1116 Pruchchakas for 21 days in Kakinada. He also delivers lectures on personality development based on Hindu mythology. He regularly appears on Telugu TV channels like Bhakti TV, and ABN Andhra Jyothi giving discourses on Hindu mythological texts like Ramayana, and Mahabharata.
He started performing Avadhanams in the year 1992. He has conducted more than 288 avadhanams, including Dvigunita Avadhanam at Dallas for the American Telugu Association in 2002. Garikipati is known for his Dhāraṇā (memorising and reciting), which is a key requirement for performing Avadhanams.
- Sagara Gosha (Padya Kavyam)
- Mana Bharatham (padya kavyam )
- Bashpa guccham (padya kavitha sanputi)
- pallavi (songs)
- Dwi shathavadhanam
- Kavithakandika shathavadhanam
- Moukika sahityam (parishodhana)
- Pillala bommala telugu nigantuvu
- Ma Amma (padyalu)
- Avadhana shathakam
- Nirmala Reddy. "గరికపాటి మస్ట్ శారదమ్మ షుడ్". sakshi.com. Sakshi. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Rich entertainer". The Hindu. 11 November 2005. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Wordsmiths hold court". The Hindu. 23 December 2005. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Lok Nayak awards for Garikapati, Gandhi". thehansindia.com. The Hans India. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "‘Gurajada Visishta Puraskar’ for Garikipati". thehindu.com. The Hindu. Retrieved 14 December 2016.