Garlic soup is a type of soup using garlic as a main ingredient. In Spanish cuisine, sopa de ajo (soup of garlic) is a traditional garlic soup made with bread, egg poached in chicken broth and laced garlic and sherry.
Versions of garlic soup similar to Spanish versions are prepared in Mexico.
In Poland, garlic soup is called zupa postna na gwoździu.
In Spain, egg white are sometimes whipped into the soup, as with egg drop soup. Sopa de ajo is a traditional winter soup in Palencia where it is made with bread mixed with paprika, water and garlic. It is cooked slowly and a raw egg is often whipped into the soup as it is served. Sopa de ajo is also traditional in Castilian-Leonese cuisine and Castilian-Manchego cuisine. In Extremaduran cuisine, sopa blanca de ajos (white bean garlic soup) is a tradition.
- Books, Madison; Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC; Kummer, C. (2007). 1001 Foods To Die For (in German). Andrews McMeel Publishing. p. 133. ISBN 978-0-7407-7043-2. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Bayless, R.; Bayless, D.G.; Brownson, J.M. (1996). Rick Bayless Mexican Kitchen. Scribner. p. 120. ISBN 978-0-684-80006-6. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Moyers, S.B. (1996). Garlic in Health, History, and World Cuisine. Suncoast Press. p. 35, 220. ISBN 978-0-9654236-0-1. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Barrell , Ryan (March 13, 2017). "13 Hangover Cures the World Swears By". Paste. Retrieved July 30, 2017.
- Braux, A. (2009). How to Lower Your Cholesterol with French Gourmet Food: A Practical Guide. Createspace Independent Pub. p. 188. ISBN 978-1-4486-7697-2. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Child, J. (1989). The Way to Cook. Alfred A. Knopf. Alfred A. Knopf. p. 31. ISBN 978-0-679-74765-9. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Strybel, R. (2003). Polish Holiday Cookery. New Cookbooks Series. Hippocrene Books. p. 102. ISBN 978-0-7818-0994-8. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Rombauer, I.S.; Becker, M.R.; Becker, E.; Guarnaschelli, M. (1997). JOC All New Rev. - 1997. Scribner. p. 106. ISBN 978-0-684-81870-2. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garlic soup.|
- Bittman, M. (2010). Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times. Clarkson Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony. ISBN 978-0-307-88548-7. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
|This soup-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|