Garmeh

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other places with the same name, see Garmeh (disambiguation).
Garmeh
گرمه
city
Garmeh is located in Iran
Garmeh
Garmeh
Coordinates: 36°59′13″N 56°17′22″E / 36.98694°N 56.28944°E / 36.98694; 56.28944Coordinates: 36°59′13″N 56°17′22″E / 36.98694°N 56.28944°E / 36.98694; 56.28944
Country  Iran
Province North Khorasan
County Garmeh
Population (2006)
 • Total 24,368
Time zone IRST (UTC+3:30)
 • Summer (DST) IRDT (UTC+4:30)
Garmeh at GEOnet Names Server

Garmeh (Persian: گرمه‎‎, formerly Persian: گرمه ‎‎ - Garmeh)[1] is a city in and the capital of Garmeh County in North Khorasan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 24,368, in 6,332 families.[2]

The city in the extreme southwest of the provincial divisions North Khorasan and Golestan and Semnan province is located in the vicinity of the two.

The city government in 2006 with the direct orders of the minister's time became an independent city. The last reports show that it's population is 24599 where 80 percent of this population is concentrated in 3 urban regions and the rest 20 percent belongs to the 33 rural regions. Between the two relevant urban regions 'Darragh' is the most populated city which is located in West of the central portion and about 11 kilometers away from. The city is connected to 'Maneh and Semelghan' city from the north. The 'Jalaleddin' fort is on of the most important monuments of this city which is inherited from 'Kharazmshahian' era. The fort is established by the command of 'Jalaleddin Kharazmshah' in order to defense against 'Moghol' army attack in seventh Hijri century. This fort established on the top of a hill with a hexagonal foundation. A water well exists inside the fort which seems that is natural and is not created by human. The other monument of this city is 'Bagh-e-Mazar' tomb. [3]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Garmeh can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3063621" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
  2. ^ "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11. 
  3. ^ information of a civilian (25th march 2017)