Garner Independent School District
|Garner Independent School District|
|Garner, Texas, USA|
|Motto||Where the best begins|
|Grades||Pre-K through 8|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|Students and staff|
Garner Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Garner, Texas (USA). Garner is the only school district in Parker County that teaches prekindergarten through 8th grade, and students must go to other districts to complete high school. The district has one school – Garner School – and about half of the school's students have transferred to Garner from nearby school districts.
|Subject||Garner ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Students in Brock typically outperform local region and statewide averages on standardized tests. In 2015-2016 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 82% of students in Brock ISD met Level II Satisfactory standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas.
In the 2015-2016 school year, the school district had a total of 178 students, ranging from pre-kindergarten through grade 8. As of the 2015-2016 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 77.5% White, 19.7% Hispanic, 0.6% African American, 0.6% Asian, 0.0% American Indian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, and 1.7% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 46.6% of the student body.
- District Staff - GARNER ISD
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Garner Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "2015-16 Texas Academic Performance Report, GARNER ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "About - GARNER ISD". Garner ISD. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.