(as Laboratoires Garnier)|
The company started as Laboratoires Garnier in 1904, and was acquired by L'Oréal in the 1970s.
Garnier is sold in numerous countries worldwide, with specific product lines targeted for different skin types and cultures. In 2011, Garnier partnered with TerraCycle to promote upcycling of product containers and the introduction of biodegradable products.
Garnier hair care and skin care products is one of the highest luxury brands used in Asia, China, Japan & India. In the Brand Trust Report 2012, Garnier was ranked 73rd among India's most trusted brands and subsequently, according to the Brand Trust Report 2013, Garnier was ranked 47th among India's most trusted brands. In 2014 however, Garnier was ranked 83rd among India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company.
- Marketing Planning & Strategy: Casebook - Subhash C. Jain - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- The New Strategic Brand Management: Advanced Insights and Strategic Thinking - Jean-Noel Kapferer - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- Rungfapaisarn, Kwanchai (August 6, 2010). "Garnier lifts itself up after recent unrest". Nationmultimedia.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "L'Oreal's Garnier Brand Announces Exclusive Partnership With TerraCycle® | SYS-CON MEDIA". Sys-con.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "L'Oreal Partners with TerraCycle to Turn Product Waste Into Playgrounds". Reuters. April 18, 2011. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "India's Most trusted Brands 2014".