|Full name||Garnock Rugby Club|
|Union||Scottish Rugby Union|
|League(s)||West Regional League West One|
The club was formed in 1972 as the result of a merger of the Old Spierians and Dalry High School FP clubs. This was a response to the amalgamation of feeder schools Spier's and Dalry High (along with Kilbirnie Central and Beith Academy) to form Garnock Academy, which happened around the same time. The Old Spierians club had been founded in the early years of the 20th century and joined the Scottish Rugby Union in 1911.
National league competitions were introduced in Scotland in season 1973–74 and Garnock had some initial success, being promoted to Division 3. However, this was followed by a period of decline and in 1986 they were relegated to the Glasgow District League.
During most of this early period, the club did not have a permanent home and played matches in Beith, Dalry and Kilbirnie. In 1985, a new clubhouse and playing fields were built on the site of the former Glengarnock steelworks next to Kilbirnie Loch. After only eight years, the clubhouse was condemned by the local council as being fundamentally unsound and the club had to resort to using Portakabins for changing facilities.
Despite this setback, the 1990s were a period of success for the club, going from National League Division 7 to National League Division 3 in consecutive seasons. In 1999, Garnock were runners-up in the national Bowl competition. Success continued into the next decade, with the team gaining promotion to Premiership Division 3, being runners-up in the Shield in 2007 and winning the same competition in 2008.
In August 2009, the club announced plans to build a new clubhouse at Lochshore.
- Garnock Rugby Club - Club History Archived 2008-05-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Bath, Richard (May 7, 2000). "Seven-year itch for a clubhouse to call home has Garnock into self". Sunday Herald. Retrieved March 13, 2009.
- Stuart, Lewis (May 7, 2007). "Hawks swoop on cup - but where are the fans?". The Times. London. Retrieved March 13, 2009.
- "Garnock 31-24 Kirkcaldy: Garnock at last find winning formula for Murrayfield final". The Scotsman. May 5, 2008. Retrieved March 13, 2009.
- Garnock Vision - new clubhouse project Archived 2011-07-11 at the Wayback Machine