|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Folk rock, Progressive rock, French rock, Traditional music|
|Years active||1975–1983 / 1993–present|
|Labels||Disques Francor Just a Memory Kébec-Disque London Records|
Garolou is a French Canadian folk-rock group created in 1975. It was originally called Lougarou, but had to change its name after being sued by a dance troup named Les Loups-garous. The group became popular not only in Quebec but across Canada, with its rock sound and its lyrics taken from French and French Canadian traditional songs.
In 1993 the band made a return supported by many concerts each year. The band performed at many music festivals such as the Festival International d'été de Québec and the Festival franco ontarien. The band released in 1997 a live album called Réunion that captured Garolou's live experience and, two years later, a brand new album called Mémoire Vive.
Garolou has won two Felix Awards (ADISQ Gala) for the albums Garolou (1978) and Romancero (1980) and a Gold certification for the album Garolou (1978).
- Marc Lalonde : Bass and vocals
- Michel Lalonde : Guitar and vocals
- Michel (Stan) Deguire : Drums and percussions
- Gaston Gagnon : Electric guitar and vocals
- Réginald Guay : Keyboards and vocals
- Gilles Beaudoin : Electric guitar and vocals (Garolou album)
- Georges Antoniak : Electric guitar and vocals (Lougarou album)
- Steven Naylor : Keyboards and vocals (Lougarou album)
Additional musicians (albums)
- Bobby Lalonde : Violin (Garolou, Romancero and Réunion albums)
- Reynald Wiseman : Saxophone (Romancero and Centre-Ville albums)
Additional musicians (concerts)
- 1999 Mémoire Vive (album)
- 1997 Réunion (live album)
- 1982 Centre-Ville (album)
- 1980 Romancero (album)
- 1978 Garolou (album)
- 1976 Lougarou (album)
- 2000 Québec Rock, vol. 2 (CD)
- 1998 La nuit sur l'étang 1973-1998 (CD)
- 1981 Les Félix / Gagnants 1980 (CD)
- "Ah toi belle hirondelle"
- "La belle Françoise"
- "À la claire fontaine"
- "La partance"
- "La complainte du Maréchal Biron"
- "Aux Illinois"