|Date of birth:||November 26, 1984|
|Place of birth:||South Lake Tahoe, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||South Tahoe (CA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Garrett Robert McIntyre (born November 26, 1984) is a former American football linebacker. McIntyre is of Scottish ancestary. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Seattle Seahawks in 2006. He played college football at Fresno State.
McIntyre was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on August 15, 2006. He was waived a week later on August 21.
He was claimed off waivers by the Tennessee Titans on August 22, 2006. He was cut on September 5, 2006.
San Jose SaberCats
McIntyre signed with the San Jose SaberCats of the Arena Football League on February 4, 2007. He was placed on injured reserved on April 20, 2007. He appeared in games for the team from 2008 to 2009.
New York Jets
McIntyre made his NFL debut on special teams for the Jets, in their season opener against the Dallas Cowboys at home. In the fourth quarter, he can be seen blocking two Dallas lineman at once, opening a path for running back Joe McKnight to block a punt, which was returned for a touchdown. This event shifted the momentum in the Jets' favor, and led them to a comeback victory. McIntyre started the first game of his career against the Denver Broncos on November 17, 2011.
McIntyre was released on August 30, 2014.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Seahawks release three players". realfootball365.com. Retrieved June 5, 2006.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Archived from the original on February 19, 2016. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "Jets sign kicker Nick Novak, linebackers Garrett McIntyre and Brandon Long to reserve/future deals". nydailynews.com. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- Lange, Randy (August 30, 2014). "Jets Make Final Cuts to Get to 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2014.