|Full name||Garry William Flitcroft|
|Date of birth||6 November 1972|
|Place of birth||Bolton, Lancashire, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1992||→ Bury (loan)||12||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
As a player he was a midfielder from 1991 to 2006, and played in the Premier League for Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield United, as well as playing in the Football League for Bury. He was capped 10 times by England U21, scoring three goals. In 2009 he became manager of Leigh Genesis and the following year took over as manager of Chorley.
On 23 March 2009, it was announced that Flitcroft would replace Lee Merricks as manager of Northern Premier League side Leigh Genesis. This also came with the news that the club had moved into their new ground at Leigh Sports Village.
Flitcroft's brother David was also a midfielder who played in the lower divisions.
Flitcroft married Karen, whom he had met at Turton High School, and the couple had three children. The couple later separated.
During his marriage, Flitcroft had two affairs, one with a nursery nurse and the second with a lap dancer. After a disagreement with one of the women, the media began to pursue the story, so Flitcroft took out a High-Court injunction, banning media coverage of the affairs.
After a long legal battle, during the 2001–02 season Flitcroft was unmasked in the newspapers as having had two extramarital affairs. The lawsuit resulting from this allegation, presided over by Lord Chief Justice Lord Woolf, was notable for the way it weighed personal privacy rights against the right to freedom of expression under the European Convention on Human Rights (applicable since the Human Rights Act 1998 came into force in 2000).
- As of July 2015.
|Chorley||May 2010||July 2015||197||102||44||51||51.8|||
- "Venables places emphasis on youth". The Independent. 19 April 1995. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "New manager, new home". Leigh Genesis F.C. 23 March 2009. Archived from the original on 27 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Garry Flitcroft appointed Chorley Manager". Lancashire Telegraph. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-11.[dead link]
- O'Carroll, Lisa (22 November 2011). "Leveson inquiry: Steve Coogan gives evidence on phone hacking - live | Media | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "I JUST DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE | Sunday Mirror Newspaper". Find Articles. Retrieved 2011-11-28.[dead link]
- Allen, Peter. "Unmasked: the cheating soccer star". Daily Mail (London).
- "'Kiss and tell' case footballer may be named". Daily Mail (London).
- "Hacking inquiry: Core participant status for dozens". BBC News. 14 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Managers: Garry Flitcroft". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- A v B & C 2002 EWCA Civ 337, a discussion of Garry Flitcroft's lawsuit